advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Will Reality Show President behave himself tonight?
Posted by: steve...
Date: October 22, 2020 12:47PM
Will he have some self control and try to be presidential? ——ROTFL

I don't think so but will probably tune in to watch.

Northern California Coast
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Will Reality Show President behave himself tonight?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: October 22, 2020 01:44PM
Posted by: p8712
Date: October 22, 2020 02:15PM
Posted by: hal
Date: October 22, 2020 02:15PM
yes

he will be quiet for those two min segments, then he will not shut up

he's not constantly interrupting because he can't contain himself. It's his plan.
Posted by: rgG
Date: October 22, 2020 02:39PM
Someone will have to get back to me on that, as you could not pay me to watch.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 22, 2020 03:02PM
Tonight is why Netflix was started. (besides, I already voted)

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 22, 2020 03:06PM
hal
yes

he's not constantly interrupting because he can't contain himself. It's his plan.

I disagree. I think he is unable to contain himself.

It’s part of what he is.
Posted by: btfc
Date: October 22, 2020 03:24PM
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 22, 2020 03:28PM
I'm watching. I am a big fan of American history. This promises to be some of the worst moments ever. I want to witness it.
Date: October 22, 2020 03:50PM
pdq
hal
yes

I disagree. I think he is unable to contain himself.

It’s part of what he is.

frankly, I'm dying to learn the answer to this question... I think the last debate was a show of "STRENGTH" (in Trump's mind). He used his superior bluster to knock Biden off his game thereby showing everyone how powerful he is. It was a show, but I hope I'm wrong and we see an image of Biden on the left and Trump on the right; Biden talking calmly while speaking to the camera and Trump red-faced, gesticulating wildly in silence.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: October 22, 2020 03:59PM
Steve G.
I'm watching. I am a big fan of American history. This promises to be some of the worst moments ever. I want to witness it.

I agree and think what we will be witnessing tonight could end up being both the very best and very worst of American history.

Unfortunately, I don't think OD can contain himself, which means it'll likely be a repeat of the first debate -- I don't think the mic being off will prevent him from making himself heard or noticed in some fashion. In his mind, the way to "win" is to yell and scream and drown out his opponent-- basically the quintessential loudmouth bully--, which is why it's very telling that he's already said he hates the new debate rules... so expect him to break the rules in whatever fashion, he doesn't think they apply to him.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Date: October 22, 2020 04:01PM
PeterB
Steve G.

I agree and think what we will be witnessing tonight could end up being both the very best and very worst of American history.

Unfortunately, I don't think OD can contain himself, which means it'll likely be a repeat of the first debate -- I don't think the mic being off will prevent him from making himself heard or noticed in some fashion. In his mind, the way to "win" is to yell and scream and drown out his opponent-- basically the quintessential loudmouth bully--, which is why it's very telling that he's already said he hates the new debate rules... so expect him to break the rules in whatever fashion, he doesn't think they apply to him.

DAMMIT! I'm going to have to actually watch... at least the first 2min quiet segment just to see how this plays out... I'll wait for the Sarah Cooper version to watch the whole thing...

[edit: here's a little opine from the AZ Republic - an interesting take]

It's a huge mistake to mute Donald Trump's debate mic
Opinion: The president wants to play the martyr. This plays into his hands.

Donald Trump is the most powerful person in the free world, but what he does best, and what he seems to enjoy most, is playing the victim.

He has more authority and gets more public exposure than anyone. He has the biggest public megaphone. He has the unquestioned backing of the Republican Party and all the big money behind it. And yet he continually paints himself as the injured party, the oppressed, the martyr.

The Commission on Presidential Debates has tried to run civilized discussions between Trump and Joe Biden. Something befitting the world’s premier democratic republic. But Trump really likes yelling and interrupting. Which causes anyone trying to have a conversation with him to yell and interrupt.

So the commission decided that Trump and Biden will have their microphones muted during portions of the Oct. 22 presidential debate.

Debate commission co-chair Frank Fahrenkopf told CNN's Wolf Blitzer, "There's no question that the first debate was a disappointment for everybody, I think particularly for the American people. We, as a commission, knew we couldn't change rules without the consent of both (campaigns), but saying to the candidates that what's going to happen is when the moderator asks candidate number one to begin their two minutes to talk uninterrupted, the candidate's mic will not be live. When those two minutes are up, it is then candidate B's chance to talk."

I’d guess that whenever Trump’s mic is muted he’ll either try to yell louder or he’ll roll his eyes or throw up his hands in a way that will be just as disruptive as his interruptions.

For him, it’s a win-win.

For the commission, it’s a mistake.

Let Trump yell and interrupt.

Let the rest of us decide if that’s what we want in a president.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2020 04:12PM by hal.
Date: October 22, 2020 04:27PM
hal
PeterB
Steve G.

DAMMIT! I'm going to have to actually watch... at least the first 2min quiet segment just to see how this plays out... I'll wait for the Sarah Cooper version to watch the whole thing...

[edit: here's a little opine from the AZ Republic - an interesting take]

It's a huge mistake to mute Donald Trump's debate mic
Opinion: The president wants to play the martyr. This plays into his hands.

Donald Trump is the most powerful person in the free world, but what he does best, and what he seems to enjoy most, is playing the victim.

He has more authority and gets more public exposure than anyone. He has the biggest public megaphone. He has the unquestioned backing of the Republican Party and all the big money behind it. And yet he continually paints himself as the injured party, the oppressed, the martyr.

The Commission on Presidential Debates has tried to run civilized discussions between Trump and Joe Biden. Something befitting the world’s premier democratic republic. But Trump really likes yelling and interrupting. Which causes anyone trying to have a conversation with him to yell and interrupt.

So the commission decided that Trump and Biden will have their microphones muted during portions of the Oct. 22 presidential debate.

Debate commission co-chair Frank Fahrenkopf told CNN's Wolf Blitzer, "There's no question that the first debate was a disappointment for everybody, I think particularly for the American people. We, as a commission, knew we couldn't change rules without the consent of both (campaigns), but saying to the candidates that what's going to happen is when the moderator asks candidate number one to begin their two minutes to talk uninterrupted, the candidate's mic will not be live. When those two minutes are up, it is then candidate B's chance to talk."

I’d guess that whenever Trump’s mic is muted he’ll either try to yell louder or he’ll roll his eyes or throw up his hands in a way that will be just as disruptive as his interruptions.

For him, it’s a win-win.

For the commission, it’s a mistake.

Let Trump yell and interrupt.

Let the rest of us decide if that’s what we want in a president.

Yup, I pretty much agree with their assessment... in a certain way, things have been set up tonight to become a broiler or bloodbath ... trying to set rules with a bully (and expecting him to follow them) is like trying to bargain or negotiate with the Sun. You won't get anywhere, and you'll come away burned.

Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 22, 2020 04:47PM
hal

Sarah on Leslie
Date: October 22, 2020 04:51PM
RgrF
hal

Sarah on Leslie

I follow her too...
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 22, 2020 05:14PM
Trump is dragging out the last stooge in the Hunter Fake-O

Tony Bobulinski, the CEO of Sinohawk Holdings, which was part of a partnership between the Chinese firm CEFC China Energy and the Biden family, went public with a statement about Hunter Biden’s corruption on Thursday morning. He claimed that then-Vice President Joe Biden had indeed coordinated with his son Hunter in notorious foreign business deals, contrary to Biden’s claims. On Thursday afternoon, Bobulinski announced he would turn over electronic devices and records of business dealings to the FBI.

“Tony Bobulinski will announce that he will turn his electronic devices and records of business dealings with Hunter and Jim Biden over to the FBI,” Fox News Chief White House Correspondent John Roberts announced on Twitter.
Date: October 22, 2020 05:25PM
Foxnews.com is wall to wall Hunter Biden today
Date: October 22, 2020 05:41PM
hal
Foxnews.com is wall to wall Hunter Biden today

The worst example of projection. OD himself is guilty of terrible nepotism, as we all know... Biden could easily go after OD's horrid family, but I think that would be a mistake EXCEPT insofar as that some of OD's family have been involved in foreign policy and the corona response, and therefore are fair game.

Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: October 22, 2020 06:08PM
per Rick Gates..45s' performance tonight is gonna be "a monkey throwing poop everywhere."

Goodie!
Date: October 22, 2020 06:14PM
Lemon Drop
per Rick Gates..45s' performance tonight is gonna be "a monkey throwing poop everywhere."

Goodie!

Hey, at least the poop will be orange. smiley12

Posted by: steve...
Date: October 22, 2020 07:13PM
Wonder if the dRumpsters will be maskless.

Northern California Coast
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 200
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020