advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Test reslts: I'm negative
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 23, 2020 05:14PM
Real Time RT-PCR test. Taken three days ago. street testing in my neighborhood. FREE!

Anyway, I tested negative which means masks, distancing, inside any place and avoiding idiot Orthodox and other maskless spreaders (local problem) until the vaccine becomes available.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Test reslts: I'm negative
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: October 23, 2020 05:16PM
Yay!
Here’s hoping you stay negative.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2020 05:17PM by S. Pupp.
Posted by: hal
Date: October 23, 2020 05:23PM
I have a Dr appt tomorrow - suspect bronchitis, but any lung issue is a little scary these days...

congrats Steve!
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: October 23, 2020 05:27PM
Just out of curiosity, how long did it take to get the results? I'm not being facetious here, because I know what the term real-time-PCR refers to (I've done this method) and the real time refers to the fact that you get a fluorescent label measurement at each cycle. Then they count the number of cycles of amplification that it takes to see a signal, and compare that against a normalization sample.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 23, 2020 05:36PM
....negative......nellie.....????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: wave rider
Date: October 23, 2020 05:53PM
Big thumbs up.

=wr=
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 23, 2020 06:03PM
I had no reason to think I had an infection. i just happened to be walking down the street and there were two folks in PPE at a table under the marquee of a closed movie theater.

I crossed the street and asked 'what's the deal'? Turned out the city was paying for the tests (news to me). So why not? Swab up the nose, no problem. I gave them a bunch of Dump Trump and Traitor Trump Must Go buttons. (they wanted them for family and friends). So I left for home with them wearing the buttons.

Faster than they had indicated. I was figuring a week, turned out to be 3 days. This does not reduce the danger here in a borough where 6058 people have DIED and 74,769 have become infected. But apparently I have been doing things correctly.

I feel sorry for all the good folks fooling themselves by not being careful and will get sick and perhaps die. We are not rounding a corner. We are waiting for an effective vaccine. I see lots of computer time ahead.
Posted by: GGD
Date: October 23, 2020 06:43PM
I tested negative on Monday, it was a lab PCR test with the long nasal swab, they told me they would rush the results because it was clearance for a medical procedure, and results would be back in 36 hours. They were back in 9.5 hours.

More concerned about catching it at the test site than having it before the test. The test was supposedly by appointment, but there must have been 50 people in line at the same time. Took 35 minutes from the time I got out of my car until I got back in it. The test site was inside a gymnasium.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: October 23, 2020 08:17PM
I also was tested yesterday. I had a sore throat and runny nose with a headache. Called the local hotline and they directed me to the hospital clinic. It was drive in in car testing. They tested for COVID, then Strep. Had strep results in 10 minutes.

They said I would get a call on COVID results the next day. They ended up calling with a negative result two hours later.

Anybody heard anything from Chopper?

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: PeterB
Date: October 23, 2020 09:10PM
Markintosh
I also was tested yesterday. I had a sore throat and runny nose with a headache. Called the local hotline and they directed me to the hospital clinic. It was drive in in car testing. They tested for COVID, then Strep. Had strep results in 10 minutes.

They said I would get a call on COVID results the next day. They ended up calling with a negative result two hours later.

Anybody heard anything from Chopper?

Just curious, what was the result of your strep test? I've been having really annoying symptoms that I've been chalking up to allergies (pretty sure that's what they are).

And that's a good question about Chopper. Wondered about that too.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 23, 2020 09:13PM
Twice neg so far. Most recent was 10days ago. I'll probably get another next week. It's more that my kids have been out than me, I've only gone to stores a couple times per week, and relatively uncrowded.
Date: October 23, 2020 11:15PM
.....crowded....house....

Posted by: Markintosh
Date: October 23, 2020 11:21PM
PeterB
Just curious, what was the result of your strep test? I've been having really annoying symptoms that I've been chalking up to allergies (pretty sure that's what they are).

And that's a good question about Chopper. Wondered about that too.

My strep test was also negative. I asked for that too as the school that Mrs Markintosh teaches at has been in person since mid September. They have had 20+ cases of strep in the last week, representing almost 10% of the school population.

So it appears I picked up a common every day cold somewhere...even with a mask, social distancing, hand washing, etc.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: AllGold
Date: October 23, 2020 11:36PM
I have had two tests, both negative, and got the results back within 18 hours. Both were also drive-thru tests.

The first test was in April, ordered by my surgeon after some complications. I knew it wasn't Covid but I think he just needed to rule it out.

The second test was two or three weeks ago after I had a guy in my house fixing the furnace. He wasn't wearing a mask and I didn't even think about masks until halfway through his hour+ stay in my house. 4-5 days later I got a cough, runny nose and a "sandy" feeling in my throat and lungs and thought it was Covid so got tested. Negative.

Now I have a cough and that same feeling in my lungs again. I'm not sure what's going on.

Date: October 23, 2020 11:38PM
Markintosh
So it appears I picked up a common every day cold somewhere...even with a mask, social distancing, hand washing, etc.

That is weird to think we can still get sick even taking all the precautions.

Date: October 24, 2020 08:44AM
AllGold
Markintosh

That is weird to think we can still get sick even taking all the precautions.

The common cold viruses are much more common out there than anything else, and may be better able to persist in the environment than corona (though some common cold viruses ARE coronaviruses).

A handy chart:

... in my case, I've been waking up with intense sinus headaches, so I think what the chart misses is that sinus and allergy problems go hand in hand, and plus if you're having allergies or a headache that develops overnight, that can definitely make you feel exhausted all the time (as can antihistamines).

Date: October 24, 2020 12:33PM
.....what about the pregnancy test.....did you study.....???

Date: October 24, 2020 07:58PM
PeterB
... in my case, I've been waking up with intense sinus headaches, so I think what the chart misses is that sinus and allergy problems go hand in hand, and plus if you're having allergies or a headache that develops overnight, that can definitely make you feel exhausted all the time (as can antihistamines).

Sinus infections can be, and often are, bacterial. And when severe, sinus infections can cause significant fatigue.

Date: October 24, 2020 08:42PM
AllGold
PeterB

Sinus infections can be, and often are, bacterial. And when severe, sinus infections can cause significant fatigue.

Oh, I'm well aware... I am prone to such infections. And the antibiotics for such, I find, can themselves take the wind out of you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 166
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020