advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
COVID surges again Friday: "U.S. reports more than 83,000 coronavirus cases, record daily total"
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 24, 2020 04:11PM
Striking hard in Trump country and elsewhere

U.S. reports more than 83,000 coronavirus cases, record daily total
[www.cnbc.com]

The U.S. reported a record-breaking number of new coronavirus cases on Friday, continuing an alarming surge and stoking concerns from health experts that the nation could be in for a difficult winter.

The country reported more than 83,700 new Covid-19 cases on Friday, passing the last record of roughly 77,300 cases seen on July 16 as the U.S. grappled with outbreaks in Sun Belt states, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.

“I think we’re in for a very hard stretch here,” Dr. Scott Gottlieb, the former U.S. Food and Drug Administration commissioner, told CNBC on Friday evening. “I think the winter is going to be very difficult.”
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: COVID surges again Friday: "U.S. reports more than 83,000 coronavirus cases, record daily total"
Posted by: rgG
Date: October 24, 2020 05:56PM
I just heard Cheeto say that we won’t hear anything more about the virus beginning Nov 4. It is all just a political ploy by his enemies. RollingEyesSmiley5

Honestly, how can people stand there and listen to, much less believe the lies that come out of his face.
I will never, never understand.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Re: COVID surges again Friday: "U.S. reports more than 83,000 coronavirus cases, record daily total"
Posted by: PeterB
Date: October 24, 2020 06:27PM
rgG
I just heard Cheeto say that we won’t hear anything more about the virus beginning Nov 4. It is all just a political ploy by his enemies. RollingEyesSmiley5

Honestly, how can people stand there and listen to, much less believe the lies that come out of his face.
I will never, never understand.

What truly worries me: Nov. 1st or 2nd, we will hear the magic news of a safe and effective vaccine being developed. Remember, it matters not a whit if it isn't true. [www.youtube.com]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 24, 2020 06:35PM
We did curbside pickup this evening. The restaurant parking lots were 3/4 full with indoor diners but then I live in the most conservative district in my state so that’s not unexpected.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2020 06:36PM by Speedy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 197
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020