advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
(Traitors to America) GOP Wayne County Board of Canvassers members trying to rescind vote certification
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 19, 2020 09:06AM
Republican treason goes right down to the grass roots. Sabotaging of America's democracy (they don't need Trump to tell them what to do)

GOP Wayne County Board of Canvassers members trying to rescind vote certification
[www.clickondetroit.com]

DETROIT – Two Republicans on the Wayne County Board of Canvassers are trying to rescind their vote to certify the county’s presidential election results.

According to the New York Times, Monica Palmer and William Hartmann signed affidavits in an effort to rescind their “yes” votes Wednesday evening. Hartmann and Palmer voted not to certify the election results earlier this week, before reversing course and certifying the results during a heated meeting.

New affidavits
In affidavits obtained by the Washington Post, Palmer said “the Wayne County election had serious process flaws which deserve investigation. I continue to ask for information to assure Wayne County voters that these elections were conducted fairly and accurately.”

Hartmann said in an affidavit, “late in the evening, I was enticed to agree to certify based on the promise that a full and independent audit would take place. I would not have agreed to the certification but for the promise of an audit.”

The board vice chairman, Jonathan Kinloch, told the New York Times “that vote was final ... that vote was binding.” He went on to say, “you can’t leave and then decide after a meeting adjourned that you want to decide from your living room that you don’t like the vote and sign something that says you’re under duress. We’re always under attack.”

Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson said she doesn’t believe a request for an audit is binding.

“Essentially you saw two individuals on the Wayne County Board of Canvassers, who have a ministerial responsibility to certify the county canvass of election results, refusing to do so on baseless claims, and that were ultimately clerical errors that occurred in nearly every election in nearly every jurisdiction,” said Benson.

Before the vote, Palmer said she would certify every community in Wayne County, except Detroit. She did not speak to reporters following the meeting.

Palmer plans to hold a news conference in the near future.

The Michigan Board of State Canvassers has until Nov. 23 to certify the election. If they don’t, it will go to court.

Dec. 8 is considered the “safe harbor” deadline for certification.

Palmer, 40, is the Board of Canvassers’ chairperson. She’s also a Grosse Pointe Woods political activist. An ethics complaint has been filed against her for alleged conflict of interest due to that work.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: (Traitors to America) GOP Wayne County Board of Canvassers members trying to rescind vote certification
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 19, 2020 09:10AM
Trump called them and asked them to do this.

How is this legal??

[apnews.com]
Re: (Traitors to America) GOP Wayne County Board of Canvassers members trying to rescind vote certification
Posted by: SteveO
Date: November 19, 2020 09:23AM
Something illegal has not stopped Trump before, and apparently he can get away with quite a lot. This election tragically is not over yet.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 19, 2020 09:38AM
The Menace says press conference at noon today to describe clear path to victory. Can't wait for that.
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: November 19, 2020 09:43AM
I feel like we need a FOURTH arm of government b/c clearly the system of checks and balances has failed miserably.

Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 19, 2020 10:09AM
Lemon Drop
Trump called them and asked them to do this.

How is this legal??

[apnews.com]

Immunity, baby. It's all about immunity.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: November 19, 2020 10:16AM
rjmacs

I think it's about more than just immunity. That being said, Trump knows better than anyone the probable extraordinary extent of his crimes. Crook.
Date: November 19, 2020 10:22AM
mentioned before (thanks, lemon drop)
Let's make it clear:
Michigan Republican who balked at certifying election results says Trump called her
[thehill.com]

A GOP member of the canvassing board in Wayne County, Mich., said President Trump called her earlier this week after she and another Republican on the board initially refused to certify election results showing President-elect Joe Biden as the winner.

Monica Palmer confirmed to The Washington Post that Trump called her on Tuesday night after she and William Hartmann balked at approving the election results. The two eventually relented and certified the results, but on Wednesday both Palmer and Hartmann sought to rescind their certification.

Palmer, who did not respond to multiple requests for comment from The Hill, told the Post that Trump called "to make sure I was safe."

“His concern was about my safety and that was really touching. He is a really busy guy and to have his concern about my safety was appreciated,” she told the news outlet.

Palmer denied that she felt pressured by Trump to reverse course after agreeing to certify the vote. She indicated the two discussed the results in different states, but "we really didn’t discuss the details of the certification."

what a thoughtful compassionate guy
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 19, 2020 10:29AM
Steve G.
rjmacs

I think it's about more than just immunity. That being said, Trump knows better than anyone the probable extraordinary extent of his crimes. Crook.

The question was "How is this legal??"

The answer was it's not - but the perpetrator is immune.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 19, 2020 10:49AM
Steve G.
“His concern was about my safety and that was really touching. He is a really busy guy and to have his concern about my safety was appreciated,” she told the news outlet.

I wouldn't be surprised if he expressed that concern about her safety like this:

"That's a nice family you have, it would be a shame if something were to happen to you or one of them", and then listed the name, address, place of work, and what time they leave the house for every relative.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: November 19, 2020 11:53AM
GGD
Steve G.

I wouldn't be surprised if he expressed that concern about her safety like this:

"That's a nice family you have, it would be a shame if something were to happen to you or one of them", and then listed the name, address, place of work, and what time they leave the house for every relative.
“You can be sure there’s good people watching every one of your loved ones. Every single day. And night. Top people. They’re the best at what they do. So I’m told...”
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 19, 2020 11:54AM
Pretty stunning stuff. Total of all discrepancies between voter counts and votes is 357 (and it’s not clear to me those favor one candidate or another). Most precincts with discrepancies are, like, 3 votes off, plus or minus. Such minor discrepancies are not uncommon, nor new to this election, nor to this county.

All this out of 250,138 votes cast in Detroit (alone). And Trump wants to throw all these ballots out.

A preface, I would guess, to a Wisconsin strategy where Trump is paying for a recount only of Milwaukee and Dane (ie Madison) counties. If there is a single vote total changed, you can be assured that the Trump team will cry fraud, and want to throw out all those heavily-favoring Biden votes.

I don’t think for a moment think this will work. But it illustrates how close we are to losing our democracy if a few well-placed people act in bad faith.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 19, 2020 11:56AM
Again, I'm still searching for a good graphic of a whining, crying deplorable screaming for a "do-over!"
Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 19, 2020 11:57AM
There’s nothing he won’t try. An early, total Biden landslide? We now know that wouldn’t have mattered.

The next Wayne County board meeting should be interesting, especially if they open it to the public again.
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 19, 2020 12:23PM
mrbigstuff
Again, I'm still searching for a good graphic of a whining, crying deplorable screaming for a "do-over!"

Not a proper meme style, but how’s this?

Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 19, 2020 03:46PM
mrbigstuff

Way past that stage at this point. To use a basketball analogy they've gone to a "full court press"*. Not only are they going after the canvassers but since they have until Monday to certify, Trump has invited the entire Michigan state GOP delegation to the White House over the weekend. Their quiet coup attempt is coming to a head.

*for non-basketball posters a full court press is most often employed late in a game by a team that's behind and hoping to distract the opponent so they have a chance to catch up.
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 19, 2020 05:11PM
If the public gets turned loose on this, there will be bloodshed. And that's likely part of someone's plan as well.

Before you take over the gub'mint, you gotta have the power in place.

The holiday season may well be the most memorable in all of recorded history the direction these nuts are being allowed to drive things.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 19, 2020 05:45PM
rjmacs
Steve G.
rjmacs

The question was "How is this legal??"

The answer was it's not - but the perpetrator is immune.

Republicans have shown Trump that he can do what he wants and they will not stop him or hold him accountable.

But Susan Collins will be VERY concerned!!!

But she thinks that he's learned his lesson, this time.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 19, 2020 06:09PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 155
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020