advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Mnuchin creating a failing Biden setup
Posted by: samintx
Date: November 20, 2020 06:06AM
“Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin was one of the heroes of the coronavirus crisis, working with Fed Chair Jay Powell to give the central bank the ammunition to fight the virus-provoked recession. Now, he's trying to take that ammunition away, Axios chief financial correspondent Felix Salmon writes.

Mnuchin said yesterday he won't extend several emergency loan programs that were part of the massive CARES Act virus rescue package.
Treasury is attempting to force those programs to expire at the end of the year, just weeks before President-elect Biden takes office.
Why it matters: If Mnuchin were successful, he'd effectively disarm the Fed, creating a lot more economic downside for Biden.” Axios

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2020 06:07AM by samintx.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Mnuchin creating a failing Biden setup
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 20, 2020 07:41AM
They truly are a criminal organization.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 20, 2020 08:43AM
Right now the administration’s top priority is to hand Joe Biden the biggest, most flaming, toxic, failing dumpster of a country as they can.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Pam
Date: November 20, 2020 09:41AM
They want to tie Biden's hands economically and go into austere mode. Again. Gotta protect the tax cuts and tax breaks for the wealthy and big corporations. Tell the rest of the country it's the democrats fault. Liberals with their hands out wanting free money.
Date: November 20, 2020 12:40PM
Pam
They want to tie Biden's hands economically and go into austere mode. Again. Gotta protect the tax cuts and tax breaks for the wealthy and big corporations. Tell the rest of the country it's the democrats fault. Liberals with their hands out wanting free money.

Which is why, if we win both GA seats, we can at least repeal the tax cuts via reconciliation with 51 votes.

rj
AKA
Posted by: Pam
Date: November 20, 2020 03:35PM
rjmacs
Pam

Which is why, if we win both GA seats, we can at least repeal the tax cuts via reconciliation with 51 votes.

I wish. Somehow I doubt we will win either seat.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 20, 2020 03:43PM
Pam
rjmacs
Pam

I wish. Somehow I doubt we will win either seat.

Georgia didn't turn blue, Georgia turned against trump.
Posted by: Don C
Date: November 20, 2020 03:59PM
Plus, Joe Manchin, WV is not at all a reliable vote
Date: November 20, 2020 05:40PM
Don C

He voted against the tax cuts, though.

rj
AKA
Date: November 20, 2020 05:50PM
rjmacs
Don C

Let me think what that means.

Should the unthinkable happen and Georgia toss out it's two incumbents, we'd have a statistical tie with guys like Manchin then in charge.
Date: November 20, 2020 05:52PM
RgrF
rjmacs
Don C

Should the unthinkable happen and Georgia toss out it's two incumbents, we'd have a statistical tie with guys like Manchin then in charge.

I think it's just a tie. And the swing votes have always had outsized sway in the Senate. I'm just saying that I don't think there's any reason to think Joe Manchin would not support repealing Sweet Potato Saddam's tax cuts.

rj
AKA
Date: November 20, 2020 06:08PM
rjmacs
RgrF
rjmacs
Don C

I think it's just a tie. And the swing votes have always had outsized sway in the Senate. I'm just saying that I don't think there's any reason to think Joe Manchin would not support repealing Sweet Potato Saddam's tax cuts.

So you expect Manchin will change stripes and not use that newfound swing vote power in his own interest?
Date: November 20, 2020 06:36PM
RgrF
rjmacs
RgrF
rjmacs
Don C

So you expect Manchin will change stripes and not use that newfound swing vote power in his own interest?

How is it in his interest now to keep deeply unpopular and inequitable tax cuts that he opposed in 2017?

Will he twist Chuck Schumer's arm to get a new tax bill he likes, one that is less progressive than other Democrats want? Sure, but again - that's nothing new.

rj
AKA
Date: November 20, 2020 08:30PM
You seem to know what he thinks. I don't.

This is all irrelevant anyway since the odds of Georgia electing two Dems is somewhere near the odds of the Jets winning the Super Bowl.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: November 20, 2020 09:26PM
Moscow Mitch plans the same thing.

Date: November 21, 2020 09:50AM
RgrF

I don't understand. You seem convinced he will be the reason we can't repeal the tax cuts with a 1 vote margin. I'm just going on past performance; I don't know what he thinks.

rj
AKA
Posted by: wave rider
Date: November 21, 2020 09:55AM
RgrF

This is all irrelevant anyway since the odds of Georgia electing two Dems is somewhere near the odds of the Jets winning the Super Bowl.

They did win the Super Bowl! Albeit quite a while ago.

=wr=
Date: November 21, 2020 10:10AM
wave rider
RgrF

They did win the Super Bowl! Albeit quite a while ago.

Not sure Joe Namath would still be eligible or even alive after the first hit. Have they won a SB since then?
Date: November 21, 2020 10:13AM
They have not, ye of little faith. smiley-gen013

rj
AKA
Date: November 21, 2020 12:49PM
Uh oh, a Jets fan among us -- sorrta' explains the air of desperation that at times hangs over this place.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 168
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020