advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Rachel Maddow's partner gets covid, nearly dies
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 20, 2020 01:03PM
This is what it's like when the love of your life gets sick, and you can't do anything about it.

Susan Mikula, Rachel's partner of 21 years, is recovering but they are still isolated from one another.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Rachel Maddow's partner gets covid, nearly dies
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 20, 2020 02:33PM
I saw a clip of Rachael talking about it. So sad.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: graylocks
Date: November 20, 2020 02:39PM
i’ve listened to that clip twice now and it’s very moving. however i did not get the impression that Susan’s condition was near death (fortunately). serious, yes.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 20, 2020 02:47PM
It is so hard being apart, you feel so helpless and useless. My wife has been hospitalized for almost a week. We text and chat, but no visitation.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 20, 2020 02:51PM
Ombligo
It is so hard being apart, you feel so helpless and useless. My wife has been hospitalized for almost a week. We text and chat, but no visitation.
I wish your wife a full and complete recovery. Hugs to you both.

Date: November 20, 2020 02:56PM
Ombligo

I hope she gets to come home very soon.
Is it Covid?

Posted by: Dennis S
Date: November 20, 2020 03:00PM
My take is that Susan WAS near death at one time. I could be wrong.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 20, 2020 03:07PM
Ombligo

I'm so sorry. I hope you are healthy and together soon...

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 20, 2020 03:12PM
Ombligo

Hadn't been aware before this, best wishes to you both.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 20, 2020 03:51PM
RgrF
Ombligo

Sending the same! So sorry ombligo, hope she is better very soon.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: November 20, 2020 03:56PM
Lemon Drop
RgrF
Ombligo

Same here. Best wishes. I hope you're both healthy and happy very soon.

Posted by: Ted King
Date: November 20, 2020 04:51PM
Ombligo

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope she is feeling better soon.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: November 20, 2020 06:22PM
graylocks
i’ve listened to that clip twice now and it’s very moving. however i did not get the impression that Susan’s condition was near death (fortunately). serious, yes.

From the video:
”Susan has been sick with Covid, these past couple of weeks. And at one point we thought there was a real possibility it might kill her...

Susan tested positive two weeks ago, we separated from each other that day,... she’s not only been positive over that time, she’s gotten sicker and sicker.”

To me, from my experience, that reads as her reaching a point where hope for recovery was running out.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: November 20, 2020 06:26PM
If nowhere else Ombligo, this is always a place to have an ear to vent, rage, question, whatever you need to release.
Posted by: davester
Date: November 20, 2020 09:21PM
AllGold
Lemon Drop
RgrF
Ombligo

I unreservedly add my voice to the chorus. Best of luck!

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 20, 2020 09:54PM
davester
AllGold
Lemon Drop
RgrF
Ombligo

I unreservedly add my voice to the chorus. Best of luck!

Me, too.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: November 20, 2020 10:07PM
Ombligo

My best to you both, quick and thorough healing so you two can be together again.

Rachel brought me to tears, she loves Susan so much…

=wr=
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 21, 2020 04:41AM
Thank you, everyone. I had not intended to post anything as we are all facing issues and did not want to sound like a pity party seeker. Yesterday was rough on me, just a culmination of things. I posted without really realizing it, so here we are.

Yes, she went in with Covid. The main issue we are facing is her blood oxygen level. She is on oxygen and will be going along fine at 97% then will suddenly drop to the low eighties. The hospital did a catscan with dye yesterday, but we have not been told the results yet.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 21, 2020 05:25AM
I wish her the very best. And also to you. Keep us posted.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 21, 2020 06:45AM
Ombligo
Thank you, everyone. I had not intended to post anything as we are all facing issues and did not want to sound like a pity party seeker. Yesterday was rough on me, just a culmination of things. I posted without really realizing it, so here we are.

Yes, she went in with Covid. The main issue we are facing is her blood oxygen level. She is on oxygen and will be going along fine at 97% then will suddenly drop to the low eighties. The hospital did a catscan with dye yesterday, but we have not been told the results yet.

Sending good vibes to your family, Ombligo.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 21, 2020 07:51AM
Ombligo

Inadvertent as it may have been your post included us with your family, we all hope this turns out well for you and your wife. In the meantime don't feel any need to keep us updated - just hold onto her as best you can.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: November 21, 2020 08:27AM
Ombligo, a ton of Light and support for you and your wife.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Date: November 21, 2020 08:28AM
Ombligo

Reaching out is not seeking pity. Often you just need a place to let it all out.
We are here for you, in our virtual world.
I hope she improves quickly.

Posted by: Janit
Date: November 21, 2020 08:59AM
Do whatever you need to do, and know that we are here.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 21, 2020 12:34PM
Best wishes for everybody's families.

Sadly, not getting results might be a result of the nearly nation-wide issue of hospitals being overwhelmed by Covid patients.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: A-Polly
Date: November 21, 2020 02:17PM
Ombligo, what rgC said: "Reaching out is not seeking pity." All possible best wishes to Mrs. Ombligo and family. I am close to your part of the state, so hope that helps make super strong positive waves! smiley-signs003
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 21, 2020 10:15PM
Ombligo

Of course you didn't. This is easily one of those life circumstances where you could use some moral support. What a difficult time for you. Know that many others you've never even met will be thinking about you, your wife, and your family. Sure hope there's improvement soon. While we'd all like to have a certain amount of anonymity about our lives, there are times when you need to know that there are others out there who care.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 23, 2020 10:28AM
bfd
Ombligo

Of course you didn't. This is easily one of those life circumstances where you could use some moral support. What a difficult time for you. Know that many others you've never even met will be thinking about you, your wife, and your family. Sure hope there's improvement soon. While we'd all like to have a certain amount of anonymity about our lives, there are times when you need to know that there are others out there who care.

Agree with all of this. It's a good group of folks here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 245
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020