advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
MI GOP leaders leave WH saying that they didn't hear anything that would alter the inevitable
Posted by: hal
Date: November 20, 2020 06:10PM
AND they asked for more COVID-19 federal money. I'm sure the boss was happy with this meeting :-)

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: MI GOP leaders leave WH saying that they didn't hear anything that would alter the inevitable
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 20, 2020 06:14PM
hal
AND they asked for more COVID-19 federal money. I'm sure the boss was happy with this meeting :-)

The POTUS responds: "What will it take? A trillion for Michigan, 3 trillion or more - tell me I'm open for bids"
Re: MI GOP leaders leave WH saying that they didn't hear anything that would alter the inevitable
Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 20, 2020 06:18PM
It sounds as if these guys simply saw a chance to meet their hero and took it.

Posted by: hal
Date: November 20, 2020 06:47PM
Posted by: Ammo
Date: November 20, 2020 07:05PM
I love how they buried their refusal to roll over in the 6th and 7th paragraphs.

Gee, I wonder if Trump is in the mood to grant Michigan the extra COVID funding they asked for.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: AllGold
Date: November 20, 2020 07:17PM
I'd say they definitely had significant public relations/communications help on that release. If they'd written it themselves it would have sounded like it came from an 8th grader.

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 20, 2020 07:59PM
This while The Rest of The Foul Republican Party continues to support Traitor Trump's attacks on America.

I can't believe people vote for these treasonous scum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2020 08:15PM by Steve G..
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 21, 2020 06:24AM
even the thought that this can happen is scary. Constitution need some serious amendments.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: November 21, 2020 11:18AM
free trip to parts of the White House not on the public tour...what's not to like?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 21, 2020 02:57PM
space-time
even the thought that this can happen is scary. Constitution need some serious amendments.

It's time to eliminate the Electoral College. Should have been done 100 years ago.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 21, 2020 04:06PM
Steve G.
space-time

It's time to eliminate the Electoral College. Should have been done 100 years ago.

Any suggestions as to how to make that happen? I think the forum is pretty much in agreement on this point.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 22, 2020 10:45AM
rjmacs
Steve G.
space-time

Any suggestions as to how to make that happen? I think the forum is pretty much in agreement on this point.

One idea (probably impossible, but...) is a Constitutional convention. The general fear re such was that all kinds of crazy things would be proposed, like a prohibition against abortion, or increased gun rights, etc.

But we’re already nearly there today on such issues, despite clear majorities opposing such things, so it seems to me there is less to lose. And there are a lot of things that could potentially be cleared up, including (of the top of my head) that corporations are not people, government can make reasonable limits on campaign contributions and spending, equal rights for women, elimination of the electoral college, a more defined and rational way of selecting Supreme Court justices, etc.

Yeah, the GOP would scream bloody hell. And it might well falter as a result. But it would force them to oppose common-sense ideas that the Dems could embrace instead of seemingly playing defense all the time.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 22, 2020 06:30PM
The GOP wouldn't have had a President since what would have been a one-term Shrub, should the electoral college not have existed. No way they are giving it up, especially since the gap between Republican popular vote and Democratic popular vote keeps growing in the Democrats' favor. That, coupled with voter suppression in key states, is their only hope to get in the White House at least once in a while.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 160
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020