advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
US coronavirus cases top 12 million - 255,414 dead
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 21, 2020 03:13PM
US coronavirus cases top 12 million.

(CNN)-The number of US coronavirus cases surpassed 12 million Saturday -- an increase of more than 1 million cases in less than a week.
At least 12,019,960 cases have been confirmed, according to Johns Hopkins University data, and 255,414 Americans have died.
-
Almost every state has reported a rapid surge in cases, and nationwide numbers have been climbing much faster than ever before -- with the country reporting a staggering 2.8 million infections since the beginning of the month.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: US coronavirus cases top 12 million - 255,414 dead
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 21, 2020 03:30PM
And yet, people are traveling like crazy for Thanksgiving. I think this could be setting up for a horrible December/Xmas. sad smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 21, 2020 03:31PM
Just imagine where we would be had the OranguTan not jumped on this right away and gotten it under control. What a man! WINNING!
Posted by: samintx
Date: November 21, 2020 03:43PM
Covid going up rapidly in my TX area now. Both sick and dead.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 21, 2020 03:44PM
samintx
Covid going up rapidly in my TX area now. Both sick and dead.

I’m so sorry. Please stay safe.
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 21, 2020 04:32PM
As long as people can shop for necessities … but if things get much crazier it'll be a full on March redux. December and January are going to be rough - everywhere. But only because so many Americans are simply Covidiots.
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 22, 2020 10:26AM
S. Pupp
Just imagine where we would be had the OranguTan not jumped on this right away and gotten it under control. What a man! WINNING!

The local “cantankerous” columnist said today that Trump deserves great praise for his vaccine efforts.

I think it was an admirable effort, but had little to do with Trump IMO, who threw great wads of money at anything (hydroxychloroquine, etc) that he thought might make this issue (which was making him look bad - so UNFAIR!) go away, except for, y’know, taking it seriously and encouraging basic infectious control practices. And so despite the speedy vaccine work by private industry, the US remained worst-in-the-world for Covid.

(FWIW, the cantankerous local columnist gave Trump this praise before advising him to give up and go home. I see Trump’s support shrinking to the worst of the Deplorables.)
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 22, 2020 04:46PM
Some local school districts went on "vacation" early to a "shutdown". Some of the more "republican" school districts are bravely willing to sacrifice students and their families.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 244
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020