advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
And they lose in court regarding PA again...
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 21, 2020 06:29PM
Judge was looking for things like evidence and facts, but came up empty.

[www.cnn.com]

A US District Court judge Saturday dismissed a lawsuit by the Trump campaign trying to invalidate millions of Pennsylvania mail-in votes.
"Plaintiffs ask this Court to disenfranchise almost seven million voters. This Court has been unable to find any case in which a plaintiff has sought such a drastic remedy in the contest of an election, in terms of the sheer volume of votes asked to be invalidated," US District Court Judge Matthew Brann wrote Saturday.
Brann went on to admonish the Trump campaign lawyers for not presenting factual proof for seeking to invalidate so many votes in the key battleground state.
"One might expect that when seeking such a startling outcome, a plaintiff would come formidably armed with compelling legal arguments and factual proof of rampant corruption, such that this Court would have no option but to regrettably grant the proposed injunctive relief despite the impact it would have on such a large group of citizens. That has not happened," Brann added. "Instead, this Court has been presented with strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations, unpled in the operative complaint and unsupported by evidence."

"In the United States of America, this cannot justify the disenfranchisement of a single voter, let alone all the voters of its sixth most populated state. Our people, laws, and institutions demand more," the judge wrote." At bottom, Plaintiffs have failed to meet their burden to state a claim upon which relief may be granted."
The counties in the state are scheduled to certify their election results on Monday.

The judge said any further consideration of this issue "would unduly delay resolution of the issues" regarding certification.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: And they lose in court regarding PA again...
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 21, 2020 06:34PM
The Democraps are going to get away with stealing this election. Time for the militias to take to the streets.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: November 21, 2020 06:36PM
thumbsup smiley

Posted by: Sarcany
Date: November 21, 2020 06:37PM
Is that case #32 of 33 to be tossed out?

Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 21, 2020 06:41PM
Sarcany

I think he got credit for two ‘wins’. The first was from Justice Alito. I don’t know the second.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 21, 2020 06:47PM
Sarcany

I think they just filed a new one, or at least this was my understanding from browsing news channels. so it/s 32 our of 34 (maybe)
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 21, 2020 06:58PM
.....a Prince Albert.....????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 21, 2020 06:59PM
Speedy
The Democraps are going to get away with stealing this election. Time for the militias to take to the streets.

“Boys, stand forward and prepare...”
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 21, 2020 07:27PM
Hey! It's a revered, time-tested strategy...

Posted by: GGD
Date: November 21, 2020 08:23PM
And a Republican Senator from PA calls the presidential race for Biden.

[www.toomey.senate.gov]

Allentown, Pa. – U.S. Senator Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) issued the following statement after Judge Matthew Brann’s decision to dismiss the Trump campaign’s lawsuit challenging the election results in Pennsylvania:

With today’s decision by Judge Matthew Brann, a longtime conservative Republican whom I know to be a fair and unbiased jurist, to dismiss the Trump campaign’s lawsuit, President Trump has exhausted all plausible legal options to challenge the result of the presidential race in Pennsylvania.

“This ruling follows a series of procedural losses for President Trump’s campaign. On Friday, the state of Georgia certified the victory of Joe Biden after a hand recount of paper ballots confirmed the conclusion of the initial electronic count. Michigan lawmakers rejected the apparent attempt by President Trump to thwart the will of Michigan voters and select an illegitimate slate of electoral college electors. These developments, together with the outcomes in the rest of the nation, confirm that Joe Biden won the 2020 election and will become the 46th President of the United States.

I congratulate President-elect Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris on their victory. They are both dedicated public servants and I will be praying for them and for our country. Unsurprisingly, I have significant policy disagreements with the President-elect. However, as I have done throughout my career, I will seek to work across the aisle with him and his administration, especially on those areas where we may agree, such as continuing our efforts to combat COVID-19, breaking down barriers to expanding trade, supporting the men and women of our armed forces, and keeping guns out of the hands of violent criminals and the dangerously mentally ill.
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 21, 2020 08:24PM
Sad. But entirely predictable given the depths these deplorables are willing to drill.

Still tryna drain that swamp?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 155
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020