Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Wisconsin officials: Trump observers obstructing recount-AP
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 21, 2020 07:06PM
Wisconsin officials: Trump observers obstructing recount
[apnews.com]?

MILWAUKEE (AP) — Election officials in Wisconsin’s largest county accused observers for President Donald Trump on Saturday of seeking to obstruct a recount of the presidential results, in some instances by objecting to every ballot tabulators pulled to count.

Trump requested the recount in Milwaukee and Dane counties, both heavily liberal, in hopes of undoing Democrat Joe Biden’s victory by about 20,600 votes. With no precedent for a recount reversing such a large margin, Trump’s strategy is widely seen as aimed at an eventual court challenge, part of a push in key states to undo his election loss.

A steady stream of Republican complaints in Milwaukee was putting the recount far behind schedule, county clerk George Christenson said. He said many Trump observers were breaking rules by constantly interrupting vote counters with questions and comments.

“That’s unacceptable,” he said. He said some of the Trump observers “clearly don’t know what they are doing.”

Tim Posnanski, a county election commissioner, told his fellow commissioners there appeared to be two Trump representatives at some tables where tabulators were counting ballots, violating rules that call for one observer from each campaign per table. Posnanski said some Trump representatives seemed to be posing as independents.

At one recount table, a Trump observer objected to every ballot that tabulators pulled from a bag simply because they were folded, election officials told the panel.

Posnanski called it “prima facie evidence of bad faith by the Trump campaign.” He added later: “I want to know what is going on and why there continues to be obstruction.”
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Wisconsin officials: Trump observers obstructing recount-AP
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 21, 2020 07:32PM
Poll watchers?

Posted by: wurm
Date: November 22, 2020 08:38AM
I think I'd be willing to happily skip Christmas this year if we could just fast-forward to 1/21/21.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 22, 2020 09:42AM
DeusxMac
Poll watchers?

They would if they could. Many of them already have their armbands.
Posted by: Don C
Date: November 22, 2020 11:21AM
So the guys in the front row have their approved mustaches. Do Trumpers have to do their hair the approved way too?
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 22, 2020 11:47AM
Steve G.
“I want to know what is going on and why there continues to be obstruction.”

Why? Because these people are clueless about how an election and vote counting actually works. They just know there’s “fraud” and they need to find it so that their candidate gets elected. So they want to throw out a Biden vote because the ballot is folded.

RollingEyesSmiley5

I’m glad I don’t have to put up with these idiots. They don’t pay these poll workers enough.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 22, 2020 12:00PM
Don C
So the guys in the front row have their approved mustaches. Do Trumpers have to do their hair the approved way too?

Even Trumpers have their limits.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 23, 2020 09:59AM
That short guy in the front, had he not had a stache, could pass for Stephen Miller.

DeusxMac
Poll watchers?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 130
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020