advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump's speedy losses in states designed to get to SCOTUS quickly...
Posted by: Buzz
Date: November 21, 2020 09:20PM
Where over half of the Court owes him....

Is there an underlying method to his real madness after all ? ? ?

It's not like these R appointed judges are taking these cases under submission, and sitting on them for weeks and months.... They're kicking them in record time, which may allow ample time to move the cases up the food chain in order to complete the coup before Biden's coronation.

Scares the poop outa me.
You?
==
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump's speedy losses in states designed to get to SCOTUS quickly...
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 21, 2020 09:29PM
If the SCOTUS overrules this election where Biden won by over 6 million votes, our democracy is over.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: November 21, 2020 09:41PM
Buzz

It's not like these R appointed judges are taking these cases under submission, and sitting on them for weeks and months.... They're kicking them in record time, which may allow ample time to move the cases up the food chain in order to complete the coup before Biden's coronation.

Scares the poop outa me.
You?
==

i'm hoping that they don't really owe him. they have lifetime appointments and i imagine a legacy in history to build. who wants to go down in history as the justice who demolished democracy? no one can hurt them now. if anything i hope they want to show 45 that he's been played.

yes, it could be a naïve fantasy on my part.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2020 12:09AM by graylocks.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: November 21, 2020 09:41PM
Relax

Posted by: deckeda
Date: November 21, 2020 10:53PM
The 3 he appointed are there because they USED him to get there, as he'll soon find out.
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 21, 2020 11:16PM
I can't imagine that after case after case has been laughed out of the room, that suddenly SCOTUS will find some substance. Well, Thomas and Alito will. But Kavabeer, Stolen-seat and Handmaiden's Tale are still pretty fresh and may not want their early legacy to be tied in such an obvious way to the Trump rock.
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 21, 2020 11:50PM
Do they expect Rudy to represent 45 at the SC?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: November 21, 2020 11:58PM
graylocks
i'm hoping that they don't really owe him. they have lifetime appointments and i imagine a legacy in history to build. who wants to go down in history as the justice who demolished democracy? no one can't hurt them now. if anything i hope they want to show 45 that he's been played.

His appointees aren't exactly the sharpest tacks.

And they've already demonstrated that they are ignorant of the law, ready to perjure themselves at the drop of a hat, and willing to make up fake precedent to justify their otherwise indefensible positions.

So, I don't have the kind of faith in them that you have.

Date: November 22, 2020 12:07AM

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2020 12:09AM by graylocks.
Date: November 22, 2020 12:08AM
dang! did it again...

Posted by: Sarcany
Date: November 22, 2020 12:08AM
graylocks
yes, it could be a naïve fantasy on my part.

Even a brief and hopeful fantasy is more than I can bring myself to give them.

Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 22, 2020 03:21AM
Buzz

Scares the poop outa me.
You?
==
They are throwing them out in record time because there is literally no evidence and the Trump lawyers aren’t willing to go to jail for perjury. So your assumption is that there are four Supreme Court justices who are going to be willing to agree to hear a case with absolutely no evidence that no lawyer has been willing to lie about. Four Justices who think their lives will be enriched by losing their lifetime appointments down the road when the Dems gain a majority in Congress and can impeach them all. Four Justices who want to ruin their lives and legacy to help a guy who has nothing left he can offer them. Four Justices who actually think Trump is worth it. Huh.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 22, 2020 05:29AM
$tevie
Buzz

Scares the poop outa me.
You?
==
They are throwing them out in record time because there is literally no evidence and the Trump lawyers aren’t willing to go to jail for perjury. So your assumption is that there are four Supreme Court justices who are going to be willing to agree to hear a case with absolutely no evidence that no lawyer has been willing to lie about. Four Justices who think their lives will be enriched by losing their lifetime appointments down the road when the Dems gain a majority in Congress and can impeach them all. Four Justices who want to ruin their lives and legacy to help a guy who has nothing left he can offer them. Four Justices who actually think Trump is worth it. Huh.

I agree. Most likely only two justices will.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: November 22, 2020 08:44AM
My fear is that POTUS’s SCOTUS will somehow craft a decision allowing the State’s electors free-range voting, and the State’s governors free-range control over elector appointment based on some self created, otherwise illogical, and possibly science-fictional precedent.

If the lower Courts took a bunch of time cogitating over the submissions, the clock could all too easily run out, and Cheeto’s outrageous claims would get timed out. The more time Cheeto has for his coup, the more scared I get.
==
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 22, 2020 08:45AM
It’ll all be over the day the electors cast their ballots.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: November 22, 2020 09:10AM
GGD
Do they expect Rudy to represent 45 at the SC?

Did you catch the quixotic symmetry in my response in an earlier thread?

Buzz
RUDY!, RUDY!, RUDY!, RUDY!....

==

Norte Dame’s maskless prez gets Covid at ACB’s super-spreader event at 45’s extremely poorly chosen venue, and famous Norte Dame walkon being the only player ever carried off the field. Not to mention said player’s jersey number, and of course the player’s name itself being raucously cheered by the crowd....

The ONLY saving grace, so to speak, for this Jewish poster, is that Joe is a proud Irish Catholic boy from Scranton, PA in this greatest ever battle of faith. If/when Joe takes THE Oath on January 20th, I may finally be able to forgive The Fighting Irish for bookending my beloved UCLA Basketball Bruins’ 88 game win streak.
==
==
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 22, 2020 09:41AM
Alas, the justices will not have the opportunity to see the Rudy meltdown in person. Attorneys must be admitted to the Supreme Court Bar Association. Given the admission requirements, I'm not sure he would ultimately qualify.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 22, 2020 09:49AM
Ombligo
Alas, the justices will not have the opportunity to see the Rudy meltdown in person. Attorneys must be admitted to the Supreme Court Bar Association. Given the admission requirements, I'm not sure he would ultimately qualify.

He may already be there dating to his days as US Attorney SDNY.
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 22, 2020 10:08AM
Just as an aside, I found it amusing that in a dead-tree story about the latest dismissed PA case I read today, the Trumpies said this was excellent news since now they could appeal it.

Maybe I shouldn’t have been amused, but rather concerned. But for whatever reason, I’m not...yet.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 22, 2020 10:12AM
Trumpies said this was excellent news since now they could appeal it.

The only question left is what will they run out of first - lipstick or pig?
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 22, 2020 10:17AM
RgrF

goodone
Posted by: apocketfulofwry
Date: November 22, 2020 05:02PM
In my not-so-humble opinion, any Supreme Court justice who votes to even hear a case in which the plaintiffs themselves have admitted they have no evidence substantiating their claims, should be immediately impeached, and removed from the bench.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 22, 2020 06:12PM
apocketfulofwry
In my not-so-humble opinion, any Supreme Court justice who votes to even hear a case in which the plaintiffs themselves have admitted they have no evidence substantiating their claims, should be immediately impeached, and removed from the bench.

Well you better get yourself elected to Congress, and quick!!

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: November 22, 2020 09:34PM
pdq
RgrF

goodone

Looks like there is enough lipstick...
[www.facebook.com]
[lipslut.com]

Just please don't hurt the little KuneKune's....

==
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 201
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020