advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
OT: But, But it's his first day!
Posted by: graylocks
Date: February 01, 2006 11:18PM
wow! talk about hitting the ground running! alito casts his first SC decision.

[news.yahoo.com]

not trying to start a political debate. just surprised how quickly he got up to speed.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OT: But, But it's his first day!
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: February 01, 2006 11:30PM
Strategically planned perhaps to establish a seemingly "balanced record" when he votes to make W king?
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: February 01, 2006 11:34PM
Um, not trying to stop political debate but shouldn't this post rightly be in the Other Forum with the word "Political" in it's name???

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Posted by: BigGuynRusty
Date: February 01, 2006 11:41PM
I'm with you HM, wrong side of the tracks.

BGnR
Posted by: Guitarman
Date: February 01, 2006 11:48PM
Wow dubya's gonna be pissed. He thwarted an execution.

Posted by: SteveJobs
Date: February 02, 2006 04:21AM
TOLD you he was not a rubber stamp conservative.

[www.breitbart.com]
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: February 02, 2006 06:17AM
This also softens the "kill 'em all & let God sort 'em out" GOP image, vital in the run-up to the election. Win-win. The Dems will try to look more like Reps, and vice-versa.

For their respective constituents, however, Jim Hightower's words must resonate:

"The only things you find in the middle of the road are dead armadilloes and a yellow stripe."

Posted by: tahoedrew
Date: February 02, 2006 12:13PM
Well it's not like Alito hadn't been getting briefed by clerks about what was coming up - and it's not like these are HUGE deals. Alito got them constantly as a circuit judge, and I don't think his vote is all that surprising. He was a circuit judge, so to overrule another circuit judge after only seeing written petitions on the case, it should be an easy decision. He's not deciding whether the case should be heard at the Supreme Court level, nor is he deciding on the weight of the parties arguments, he's just saying, literally, "if a circuit judge believes there's reason to hear these arguments, then allow the stay and let the judge hear oral arguments before deciding on the merits of the petition.

Whether your a fan or not of Alito, this is being made a big deal when it's nothing. I predict it in NO WAY predicts Alito's record-to-come on death penalty cases.

~A
Posted by: $tevie
Date: February 02, 2006 12:16PM
I was beginning to think I was the only person who did not feel this vote was significant.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 277
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018