advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Speaking of which ... this is an INSANE group of people.
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: February 04, 2006 11:53AM

Thousands of angry Syrian demonstrators storm the Danish Embassy in Damascus, Syria on Saturday, Feb. 4, 2006 and set fire to the Embassy building in protest of offensive caricatures of Islam's prophet.

And now Iran is threatening action over these CARTOONS?? Europe's indigation over our action will perhaps now begin to fade? How convenient.

We might not be the first to use them (the next time)... but theirs (Pak) are 5kt dinks compared to this...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2006 11:37PM by Jimmypoo.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Speaking of which ... this is an INSANE group of people.
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: February 04, 2006 12:13PM
I'm sorry, I thought this was the "Tips and Deals" section. For once I agree with Bush. The drawings were purposely offensive and provocative. I'm glad that our press has found them unworthy of being published.
Posted by: billb
Date: February 04, 2006 12:28PM
Insanity is relative.
Posted by: Guitarman
Date: February 04, 2006 12:50PM
believe me, if Iran had nukes and missiles capable of hitting them, denmark would be molten green glass over this. We need to take them out now.

Date: February 04, 2006 01:11PM
We need to establish a nuclear-free zone throughout the mid-east, and then the world. As long as potential foe has nukes any sane nation will want them as deterrent.
Posted by: Pops
Date: February 05, 2006 07:30AM
Gary Larson one panel cartoons can never die. And they still bring a laugh no matter how many times I've seen the panel before.
Date: February 05, 2006 09:27AM
Denmark has ~ 500 troops participating in the illegal occupation of Iraq, and have been accused of abusing prisoners. When their newspapers publish cartoons portraying the revered founder of the world's largest religion they gotta be as nutz as this @#$%& looks.
[news.bbc.co.uk]
By being part of the U.S. conquest of Iraq Denmark is complicit with ALL the war crimes the U.S. has committed. In short, they were provoking people who they had grievously wronged with vicious acts of violence, and should not ask why their embassy was attacked but why it hadn't happened sooner.

"Jesper Helsoe, commander of the Danish armed forces, told Danish radio on Friday: "I will be the first person to apologise if the military has made mistakes, but the trial now has to take place. No one has been convicted yet.""

Gee, you don't think bombing into smithereens an innocent nation, that had NO WMDs, NO connection to 9/11 or Al Qaeda, and no capability to threaten any of its neighbors, much less the U.S.... is worthy of an apology?

Only cretins ask "Gee, why are you made at me? I dint do nuthin'," when they have blood dripping off their hands.
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: February 05, 2006 08:32PM
500,000 years from now, when our descendants dig up the fossils of what used to be our 'civilizations,' they will be astounded to find that what led to the near destruction of all humanity was some stupid farking cartoons.
Date: February 06, 2006 10:31PM
Seacrest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 500,000 years from now, when our descendants dig
> up the fossils of what used to be our
> 'civilizations,' they will be astounded to find
> that what led to the near destruction of all
> humanity was some stupid farking cartoons.

It's come close before. The Nazis used cartoons demonizing the Jews.
[www.haaretz.com]

Posted by: Guitarman
Date: February 06, 2006 11:00PM
Refurbvirgin Wrote:
> User ignored - click to show/hide this message
> Seacrest Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 500,000 years from now, when our descendants
> dig
> > up the fossils of what used to be our
> > 'civilizations,' they will be astounded to
> find
> > that what led to the near destruction of all
> > humanity was some stupid farking cartoons.
>
> It's come close before. The Nazis used cartoons
> demonizing the Jews.
>
>
The arabs use the same cartoons as the nazis did to demonize the jews. I don' see any jews rioting.

It's actually kind of funny. The Arabs are basically saying "if you claim we're violent we're going to kill you."

[www.google.com]

Date: February 07, 2006 01:30AM
A Muslim advocates for free speech, for all:
[www.globalecho.org]
Posted by: bradsdad
Date: February 09, 2006 08:19PM

okay, so if the muslims' riots are okay to you, then, following that logic, we Christians can riot over our government funding art work that puts a crucifix in urine and having Rolling Stone mag put Kanye West dresssing as Jesus on the cover.

The cartoons in question were printed last year, and only spread this week by some imams that wanted to stir things up again. Notice that these imams are not out there rioting, just like Usama is not blowing himself up for his cause.

---
bradsdad
---no signature required
Date: February 10, 2006 12:01AM
I never said the riots were okay, so don't put words in my mouth. I do believe that purposely and senselessly insulting someone's religion when you're already humiliating them by having a female Danish army captain interrogating prisoners whose sole crime may be resisting her nation's illegal invasion and occupation of their country is stupid. Denmark has 500 troops in Iraq, a nation of 25 million. Winning hearts and minds is essential if they have any hopes of staying alive. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Date: February 10, 2006 10:17PM
so you are a sexist then? A female does not belong there you say.... Your real stripes are showing thru.

---
bradsdad
---no signature required
Date: February 10, 2006 11:36PM
bradsdad Wrote:
> so you are a sexist then? A female does not
> belong there you say.... Your real stripes are
> showing thru.

I don't think any foreign fighters belong in Iraq, whether they be Danish, American, British, Iranian, Pakistani or Saudi. My point was that in conservative Muslim societies giving a woman control over a man (remember Lynddie England holding the leash?) is humiliating.

The Danish Muslims appealed to the newspaper editor and the government to stop this senseless provocation and were denied. I've had Guitarman threaten to kill me several times for merely suggesting the Palestinians had a right to return under international law, so the notion that people get riled enough to kill over ideas (such as those cartoons purveyed) should not be incomprehensible to you. The stupidity of the Danish government for having supported what we once called "the supreme crime" (preemptive war) puts into question the quality control they exert over their other exports, so the boycott will probably get more attention than the mullahs letters.
Date: February 11, 2006 03:19PM
These Muslims will not even get along with each other. They battle the Christians, the Jews, the Hindus, the Buddhists, and even themselves. They cannot even let other Muslims who also worship Allah and follow the Koran enjoy their festivals (of course, they are really just re-enacting the founding event of the Ashoura festival). As long as the imams continue to incite violence in the name of a peaceful god, it cannot stop.

[www.wjla.com]

---
bradsdad
---no signature required
Date: February 12, 2006 07:51PM
bradsdad Wrote:
> These Muslims will not even get along with each
> other.

Like the Christians in N. Ireland?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 68
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018