advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Buildup to World War III - a "How-to" primer
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: February 07, 2006 03:16PM
There's only one thing the rich want, and that is everything.
Do we have a MacResource pool going on when Bush begins bombing Iran? Write your relatives stationed Iraq that you loved them and will see them in heaven.
[www.lewrockwell.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Buildup to World War III - a "How-to" primer
Posted by: Guitarman
Date: February 07, 2006 03:29PM
Obviously the danish cartoons were the first salvo in WWIII

Posted by: Seacrest
Date: February 07, 2006 03:31PM
How about we all chip in and buy you a one-way ticket to your beloved Tehran.
Then, when the bombing starts, you'll be the first to know.

That was a bit harsh, I know.
But you're really starting to [cheese] me off with this [nonsense].
And I have a very high tolerance for [nonsense].
Date: February 07, 2006 03:43PM
Just remember, whatever Bush says, he means the opposite. When he says "No decision has been made to attack Iran" duck & cover.
Posted by: incognegro
Date: February 07, 2006 04:15PM
Posted by: hwystar
Date: February 08, 2006 01:25AM
I am not going to say that this guy is an authentic right winger, but he did co-author with John O'Neill the No. 1 New York Times best-seller, "Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" so I don't think I would exactly call him a liberal. (Right wing hack is more the term that springs to mind). But I think I agree with him on this topic.

Read what he has to say about the possibility of attacking Iran, and the real reasons behind it (same as the real reason behind attacking Iraq).

[www.wnd.com]

(Excerpt)"If the Iranians persist in creating a market mechanism to settle world oil transactions in the euro, the United States will attack just to preserve the oil market for the dollar."

hwystar

teelblue">"The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naive and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who loves his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair." ~H. L. Mencken Ibid.: "The Coolidge Buncombe", pp.411-2
Date: February 08, 2006 05:41AM
Our ability to borrow endlessly, and to print more dollars to pay that debt, is the sole support for our consume more/produce less economy. The only reason dollars have value is that oil is priced in dollars, so you must have them to buy oil. When that becomes unnecessary this house of cards will fold. Oil the wheels of your barrow to pack your dollars to the bakery to buy that loaf of bread, as they did deutschmarks in the Weimar Republic. The Chinese have already begun diversifying their holdings of foreign currency, and if this catches on $3/gallon gas will be fondly remembered as "cheap." When Bush attacks Iran expect to see $5 per at the pumps. The massive debt Bush has rung up may well destroy what remains of our freedom before any foreign enemy.
[www.truthout.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2006 05:42AM by Refurbvirgin.
Posted by: max
Date: February 12, 2006 11:11PM
hwystar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

Quotesad smileyExcerpt)"If the Iranians persist in
> creating a market mechanism to settle world oil
> transactions in the euro, the United States will
> attack just to preserve the oil market for the
> dollar."
>
> hwystar
> ___________________

Complete nonsense. From practical point of view, today, It makes no difference if the market is priced in euros, yuans or dollars. The conversion factors are open and market transactions are easily accessible in any currency....
Posted by: guitarist
Date: February 14, 2006 01:34AM
""If the Iranians persist in
> creating a market mechanism to settle world oil
> transactions in the euro, the United States will
> attack just to preserve the oil market for the
> dollar." "

This rates right up there with "The Freemasons secretly control money supply" or "The Trilateral commission and the NSA have formed a shadow govenment" or "the Jews control all the banks"...the list goes on. Crackpot baloney.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 345
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018