advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Teacher's Union says wear blue for Obama Day
Posted by: swampy
Date: October 02, 2008 07:33PM
I'd be real pissed if I were a Teacher not supporting Obama and having to pay Union dues for this kind of @#$%&.

Republicans are a little pissed because the Virginia Teacher's Union sent out an email to its members to wear blue to show their support for Obama on the "Obama Support Day"

It's a FoxNews link, but if you have a problem with that, it's your problem.

[elections.foxnews.com]

If you don't stand for something, you'll probably fall for anything.t
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Teacher's Union says wear blue for Obama Day
Posted by: NeverMind
Date: October 02, 2008 07:55PM
damn unions, who do they think they are trying to improve my life!
Posted by: bfd
Date: October 02, 2008 09:44PM
Are they forcing teachers to buy something blue to wear on "Obama Support Day"? Can it be something borrowed or does it have to be new?
Posted by: max
Date: October 02, 2008 10:01PM
NeverMind
damn unions, who do they think they are trying to improve my life!
You have nothing to worry about. They dont.
It is union officials' lives that get most of the improvements....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: October 02, 2008 10:18PM
@#$%&!!

You Max, don't have any clue what the labor movement has done for the working class of this nation. I suggest you read some history. You might catch a clue, but I somehow doubt it.

I'm saying this as a 32+ year Union member, Max. Someone who has seen first hand what has been accomplished. Tell me what experience you have had censored smiley !

max
You have nothing to worry about. They dont.
It is union officials' lives that get most of the improvements....

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Date: October 02, 2008 10:40PM
dedicated Kollaide drinker Rick-o
@#$%&!!

You Max, don't have any clue what the labor movement has done for the working class of this nation. I suggest you read some history. You might catch a clue, but I somehow doubt it.

I'm saying this as a 32+ year Union member, Max. Someone who has seen first hand what has been accomplished. Tell me what experience you have had censored smiley !
exTeamster, ex Teamster negotiator.
So besides being a 32 year old sucker, eh,... member, what actual experience do you have?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
Posted by: lafinfil
Date: October 02, 2008 11:05PM
I have never belonged to a union but have personal experience with them from my youth.

My father belonged to two unions at the same time when I was growing up - he was a railroader.
He belonged to The Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers (BLE) and The United Transportation Union (UTU)

He also served as the recording secretary and treasure of the BLE (probably because my mom could type)
He has disagreements with the UTU (they represented the non engineers) but none the less he paid his dues
and refused to cross their picket lines if they had a dispute. Didn't always agree but was for the betterment of all.

When I was about 14 my father had a heart attack while engineering "the local" into Bloomington IN
and was laid up in the hospital for a few weeks. (It was the 60's - that's how they treated heart attacks)

Nobody that ran the frickin' railroad gave a rats ass about him. Member of the unions were the ones that
made sure my mom had transportation to the hospital (about 100 miles away) and when my dad
was on extended disability it was those same people that showed up and provided to fill in the gaps

My dad had butted heads with a few of them in the past and didn't always see eye to eye but push come to shove
they were the ones that stepped up when management turned their backs.

I have never forgot that and neither has my family. Even when he was long retired, when he was sick,
and eventually died - those were the ones that showed up. That I remember.

Posted by: $tevie
Date: October 02, 2008 11:09PM
bfd
Are they forcing teachers to buy something blue to wear on "Obama Support Day"? Can it be something borrowed or does it have to be new?

What are the women supposed to do? They won't be able to wear an "Obama Support". Are they going to maybe have "Obama Support Hose" as well?

Posted by: mikeylikesit
Date: October 03, 2008 02:18AM
It'd have been cooler if the union had encouraged them all to wear red for that one day only.
Posted by: Glued
Date: October 03, 2008 06:17AM
Just remember, the Union OWNS your vote.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: October 03, 2008 10:27AM
Glued
Just remember, the Union OWNS your vote.

I hope you were trying to be sarcastic, but failed. I know persons who never vote the way the union suggests, and others who agree most of the time. But these days no union "OWNS" a members vote.

Posted by: Glued
Date: October 03, 2008 11:30AM
Not at all sarcastic. The unions tell you for whom to vote.

My father is an officer in the IBEW and my stepfather was an officer in his local police union. I created much of the paraphernalia (graphs and graphics) he used in his meetings and they were hardly suggestions.

On a different union front, the mere mention of laborer's union local 91 would send grown men running and businesses packing. Just ask the plumber who dared clean up his own debris after working on the local high school. His act of cleanliness only cost him six months in a hospital. Car demolitions, burning of houses, and recorded threats of raping family members were all on 91's docket. It's too bad that only 14 members of their shining example union 'brotherhood' have been jailed. There's a place for unions, but our jails are already facing overpopulation.
Date: October 03, 2008 08:03PM
There were some teachers in our community that had sex with their students. There's a place for teachers, but our jails are already facing overpopulation.

There were some police officers in our town caught accepting bribes. There's a place for police officers, but our jails are already facing overpopulation.

We had a mayor in our state who was convicted of several crimes. There's a place for mayors, but our jails are already facing overpopulation.

There's some restaurant owners around here that serve awful food. There's a place for restaurant owners, but our jails are already facing overpopulation.

I could go on and on, couldn't I? So what other stereotypes do you harbor, Glued? You think that two somewhat dubious examples proves that all Union people are thugs? Please.

And to Max, all of our EX union officials either were lousy at what they did and got voted out, or were company men that tried to infiltrate and were run out of the local! Which of the two best describes you?

And I'm certain my contributions over the years to workers rights would simply steamroll your paltry bit of input. A real union person can spot a phony such as yourself a mile away, and they don't quit!smiling bouncing smiley

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Date: October 03, 2008 11:35PM
Rick-o
There were some teachers in our community that had sex with their students. There's a place for teachers, but our jails are already facing overpopulation.

There were some police officers in our town caught accepting bribes. There's a place for police officers, but our jails are already facing overpopulation.

We had a mayor in our state who was convicted of several crimes. There's a place for mayors, but our jails are already facing overpopulation.

There's some restaurant owners around here that serve awful food. There's a place for restaurant owners, but our jails are already facing overpopulation.

I could go on and on, couldn't I? So what other stereotypes do you harbor, Glued? You think that two somewhat dubious examples proves that all Union people are thugs? Please.
You asked a question,
you did not like the answer?
Why?
Because it was THE INCONVENIENT TRUTH....

Whats telling: you failed to disprove them.
You did not even try.

Rick-o
And to Max, all of our EX union officials either were lousy at what they did and got voted out, or were company men that tried to infiltrate and were run out of the local! Which of the two best describes you?
Same old "if you are not with us, you must be against us" demagogic internal politics and thuggery that I saw when I was in the union.
it reminded me of one reason I quit.
I joined because of my idealism, I quit because I saw the reality.
I do feel sorry for losers like you, who were played by smarter guys all their life.
Losers like you, who at the end of their life are afraid to admit that they wasted it entirely, believing some union propaganda fairy tales from 19th century.
Losers like you who spend their entire life being the cash cows for union officials and the entire union industry.
Because unions are just another business and you are just another sucker connected to the industrial milking machine that was your local....

Rick-o
And I'm certain my contributions over the years to workers rights would simply steamroll your paltry bit of input. A real union person can spot a phony such as yourself a mile away, and they don't quit!

I can see your man-tits, hanging down to your knees, a testimony to your life long, union contributions, a result of the union milking machines pumping every cent they could suck out of your pocket as "dues" and "contributions", supporting CEO lifestyles of your union bosses.

BTW.I also noticed that you actually came up somewhat empty handed on the specifics of your "contributions".
Arent you just a phony blowhard and a big loser?...

Date: October 04, 2008 04:30PM
max, are you drunk again? Sober up and try to put a coherent sentence or two together and we'll go from there.

Remember, the first step is admitting you have a problem...drink smiley

Date: October 04, 2008 04:46PM
Your inability to comprehend anything written above 3rd grade level is your problem,
but it does explain why you are not even trying.

Go play with retards, maybe you will learn something....
Date: October 05, 2008 08:19AM
I know max, I know. It IS difficult, but this might help you.

MAKE A START

You have made a decision. You have taken Step 1 and said to yourself, “Yes, I’m one of those people who are powerless over alcohol. My life has become unmanageable. I can’t stop drinking, and I want help.” You have discovered, as it says in the Big Book, that alcohol is cunning, baffling and powerful. In order to stop drinking – and stay stopped – there are a few simple procedures you will need to apply to your life. These principles are AA’s program of recovery. They can work for you as effectively as they have worked for others. Following are some suggestions we feel will be of help to you on your path to recovery.

Date: October 06, 2008 10:34PM
You are a little, pathetic failure and a loser.
Having lost an argument on facts,
you are grasping at skeletal straws of the strawman
your impotent imagination has failed to conjure up...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 185
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020