advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
It's official: Recession since Dec. '07
Posted by: maco
Date: December 01, 2008 12:10PM
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The National Bureau of Economic Research said Monday that the U.S. has been in a recession since December 2007, making official what most Americans have already believed about the state of the economy .

[money.cnn.com]

[www.thedenverchannel.com]#-
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: It's official: Recession since Dec. '07
Posted by: mattkime
Date: December 01, 2008 12:17PM
NOOOOOOOOO!

Posted by: GGD
Date: December 01, 2008 12:19PM
Rush Limbaugh
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: The Obama recession is in full swing, ladies and gentlemen. Stocks are dying, which is a precursor of things to come. This is an Obama recession. Might turn into a depression. He hasn't done anything yet but his ideas are killing the economy. His ideas are killing Wall Street.

[www.rushlimbaugh.com]

Obama is pretty powerful, he got that recession started even before anyone voted in the primary elections.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: December 01, 2008 12:55PM
Limbaugh is one of the few individuals that I wish ill upon. I'd love to see him get some sort of painfully debilitating vocal chord affliction, and perhaps some nice runny boils all over his face to go with it.

Posted by: swampy
Date: December 01, 2008 02:05PM
$tevie, you may feel that way, but I for one, I'm disappointed you would put voice to it here in a public forum.

If you don't stand for something, you'll probably fall for anything.t

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2008 02:06PM by swampy.
Posted by: NeverMind
Date: December 01, 2008 03:15PM
swampy
$tevie, you may feel that way, but I for one, I'm disappointed you would put voice to it here in a public forum.

Oh please give it a rest.
Date: December 01, 2008 03:24PM
Oh, brother.

Posted by: Spock
Date: December 01, 2008 03:45PM
$tevie
Limbaugh is one of the few individuals that I wish ill upon. I'd love to see him get some sort of painfully debilitating vocal chord affliction, and perhaps some nice runny boils all over his face to go with it.

... and I'd like to see his nose grow longer.

Comedy Central: Best news channel that isn't a news channel.

Fox News: Best comedy channel that isn't a comedy channel.
Posted by: kap
Date: December 01, 2008 04:30PM
"He hasn't done anything yet but his ideas are killing the economy."

Hilarious!

ban smiley

SoCal for now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2008 04:31PM by kap.
Posted by: billb
Date: December 01, 2008 07:17PM
Can't be:
[forums.macresource.com]
Re: It's official: Recession since Dec. '07 according to who?
Posted by: Dakota
Date: December 01, 2008 07:36PM
maco
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The National Bureau of Economic Research said Monday that the U.S. has been in a recession since December 2007, making official what most Americans have already believed about the state of the economy .

[money.cnn.com]

If we are in a recession we are in a recession but not according to a no name "National" bureau of who knows what.
Date: December 01, 2008 08:42PM
Dakota
maco

[money.cnn.com]

If we are in a recession we are in a recession but not according to a no name "National" bureau of who knows what.

Still waiting for the birth certificate too aren't ya?
Date: December 01, 2008 09:05PM
NeverMind
Dakota
maco

[money.cnn.com]

I take it you don't have an answer. You really don't have to post when you have nothing to say.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: December 01, 2008 09:31PM
Dakota
maco

[money.cnn.com]

"No name?" They are considered one of the few non-government authorities on the US economy by most economists.

Posted by: lafinfil
Date: December 01, 2008 10:50PM
The "no names" basically invented the method that the government uses to measure the GNP and other economic activity.
They have correctly called every recession to date and are pretty much considered the historic scorekeeper

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2008 10:51PM by lafinfil.
Date: December 01, 2008 11:24PM
Dakota
NeverMind
Dakota
maco

[money.cnn.com]

I take it you don't have an answer. You really don't have to post when you have nothing to say.

I take it you don't know how to do an Internet search. You really shouldn't post a stupid question if you haven't done some basic research first. You make a Palin out of yourself.
Date: December 01, 2008 11:31PM
NeverMind
Dakota
NeverMind
Dakota
maco

[money.cnn.com]

I take it you don't know how to do an Internet search. You really shouldn't post a stupid question if you haven't done some basic research first. You make a Palin out of yourself.

Where did I ask a question?
Posted by: lafinfil
Date: December 01, 2008 11:49PM
The recession was more fun before it was official and just a story that the media eagerly awaited to report

It's a little harder to shrug off now I suppose - not that you can't give it a try.

Posted by: kj
Date: December 02, 2008 12:02AM
It is what it is, no matter what you call it. Some people will prosper, most will probably do fine, and some will be a wreck. Such is life. kj.
Posted by: Acer
Date: December 02, 2008 11:26AM
If we are going to retroactively blame the future for the past, why not here?

I blame Obama for Teapot Dome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2008 11:27AM by Acer.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: December 02, 2008 12:06PM
$tevie

Are you the one who wished he would go deaf and get hooked on painkillers?
Date: December 02, 2008 12:13PM
Dennis S
$tevie

Are you the one who wished he would go deaf and get hooked on painkillers?

Would that I had that kind of power.
angry villagers smiley

Date: December 02, 2008 02:27PM
Is he really that miuch of a threat ?
I haven't (tried to) listen to him since he had a TV show late at night.
15 minutes of material stretched out into however long it was on was like trying to pull teeth.
Date: December 02, 2008 02:44PM
It's not that he's a threat. It's that he is a giant phony blow-hard who unfortunately has some people believing he means what he says.

I think the only people that listen to him are 1. folks dumb enough to think he is actually saying things that he believes and 2. folks who listen to him as one might watch a spider eating a fly, or something else gross.

Posted by: vision63
Date: December 02, 2008 05:44PM
People that listen to him want a confirmation of their version of how things are. Always concerned that someone that doesn't work as hard as they think they work, or pay as much taxes as they think they pay or is as civil and orderly as they think they are might be benefitting from the real sacrifice of their superior brand of labor. Some child somewhere might be enjoying a tidbit of a morsel of handout food that was purchased with the money that they earned via their sweat and tears. This is their land. They built it with their moral, loving hands brick by brick which has been anointed and washed by the blood of Jesus himself.
Date: December 02, 2008 08:56PM
vision63
People that listen to him want a confirmation of their version of how things are. Always concerned that someone that doesn't work as hard as they think they work, or pay as much taxes as they think they pay or is as civil and orderly as they think they are might be benefitting from the real sacrifice of their superior brand of labor. Some child somewhere might be enjoying a tidbit of a morsel of handout food that was purchased with the money that they earned via their sweat and tears. This is their land. They built it with their moral, loving hands brick by brick which has been anointed and washed by the blood of Jesus himself.

Since Bill Clinton signed the welfare reform bill and took credit for it years later, your argument is mostly with him. Poor guy! First he is called a racist and now a grinch.
Posted by: mikeylikesit
Date: December 02, 2008 11:30PM
Clinton is the single reason this Country was plagued with the ineptitude and political corruptness that is George W. Bush.
Date: December 03, 2008 12:15AM
You know Gore could've simply run a stronger campaign or he could have actually used Clinton "during" his campaign considering he ended his presidency enjoying a high approval rating of 65%. I don't see how you continue to postulate that as fact. You have to know better than that.
Date: December 03, 2008 12:18AM
Dakota
vision63

Since Bill Clinton signed the welfare reform bill and took credit for it years later, your argument is mostly with him. Poor guy! First he is called a racist and now a grinch.

He was neither a racist nor a grinch. The welfare reform bill occurred after he lost congress. He evolved the bill to ensure that it actually offered the poor a leg up. Or he'll tell you himself [www.nytimes.com].
Date: December 03, 2008 02:14AM
Are you seriously suggesting that Bush could have made it a contest with Gore without the impetus of the Lewinski affair? Sans Lewinski Gore would have had Clinton at his side; he could have won without bothering to campaign or ever leaving Washington.

OK The last assertion is a bit hyperbolic.
Date: December 03, 2008 08:33AM
vision63

He was neither a racist nor a grinch.

Take this up with Obama.
Date: December 03, 2008 09:47AM
Dakota
vision63

Take this up with Obama.

Obama never once accused Clinton of being racist.
Date: December 03, 2008 09:54AM
mikeylikesit
Are you seriously suggesting that Bush could have made it a contest with Gore without the impetus of the Lewinski affair? Sans Lewinski Gore would have had Clinton at his side; he could have won without bothering to campaign or ever leaving Washington.

Well Bush would have been competitive regardless. He's all the GOP had. Even McCain got 57 million votes. Throughout Gore's campaign, instead of running on he and Clinton's successful record and their overwhelming popularity, he (and his staff) chose to shun all of that, stiff arm Clinton the entire time and run as if Gore was running for the first time. Considering that they basically ended the thing tied up, the Super-Popular Clinton would have made a big difference. Not saying that the Lewenski affair couldn't possibly have had an affect (which I doubt) but, Gore's competitive juices just weren't flowing. He even gave up too early.
Date: December 03, 2008 10:10AM
vision63
Dakota
vision63

Take this up with Obama.

Plouffe most certainly did, and Obama certainly claimed race-baiting often enough.
His campaign made it a constant theme for 2 years.
Date: December 03, 2008 11:05AM
billb
vision63
Dakota
vision63

Take this up with Obama.

Plouffe most certainly did, and Obama certainly claimed race-baiting often enough.
His campaign made it a constant theme for 2 years.

Plouffe for sure. Obama alluded to but never really made the charge as he chose to give the appearance that he wasn't bothered by any of that. Obama's campaign and his followers disingenuously misinterpreted Clinton's statements as a way to diminish HIllary's campaign. Notice how no one talks about what he said? Because it takes a stretch to label them as racist and some are things Bill never even said.
Date: December 03, 2008 11:17AM
vision63
mikeylikesit

Well Bush would have been competitive regardless. He's all the GOP had. Even McCain got 57 million votes. Throughout Gore's campaign, instead of running on he and Clinton's successful record and their overwhelming popularity, he (and his staff) chose to shun all of that, stiff arm Clinton the entire time and run as if Gore was running for the first time. Considering that they basically ended the thing tied up, the Super-Popular Clinton would have made a big difference. Not saying that the Lewenski affair couldn't possibly have had an affect (which I doubt) but, Gore's competitive juices just weren't flowing. He even gave up too early.

I call banghead smileybs smiley
Date: December 03, 2008 12:48PM
vision63
Dakota
vision63

Take this up with Obama.

Yeah, the same way Don Corleone never hurt anybody.
Date: December 03, 2008 12:57PM
Dakota
vision63
Dakota
vision63

Take this up with Obama.

I get your point but you could come up with something more apt than that.
Date: December 03, 2008 04:53PM
vision63
Dakota
vision63
Dakota
vision63

Take this up with Obama.

I get your point but you could come up with something more apt than that.

I did try but couldn' come up with a better one. Can you help?
Date: December 05, 2008 02:43PM

You had lunch with Bill Clinton in September. What was that like? Was it awkward trying to patch up what had become a very public relationship?
You know, it wasn't awkward at all, partly because Bill Clinton's as charming a person as there is. Although I think that...well, I can just speak for myself. I never felt awkward or uncomfortable with the Clintons. And I think that some of the accusations leveled at him by some of my supporters were probably unfair. The notion that, for example, when he said, "This is a fairy tale" — that that was a racial remark. I didn't think that was a racial remark. I think he was questioning my opposition to the war in Iraq. So he was factually wrong, and it deserved to be corrected. But one of the things I've discovered over the last 21 months is that I don't take things too personally.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 189
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018