advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
More gender politics: LaFave charges dismissed
Posted by: PeterB
Date: March 21, 2006 08:40PM
Full story here: [abcnews.go.com]

... while it's easy enough to say, "dang, lucky kid!", I really question that viewpoint... it's sexist and prehistoric.

If I were this kid's mother, I'd be really fuming-- while I'd not want to put him through the horrendous press scrutiny, at the same time, for this woman to get off scot free seems utterly ludicrous. Also given her recent claims that:

1) She is suffering from bipolar disorder, which caused her to behave in the way she did;

2) While she says that she is "very remorseful" and that "I only pray the young man and his family will be able to move on with their lives", according to the mother of the victim, she has serious boundary issues-- and is absolutely likely to continue to pursue him and/or other children in future-- in direct contradiction to her statements;

3) She is a good Christian woman and this is just a "bump in the road" for her (her words, not mine!)

... in other words, she essentially comes across as a hypocrite and/or pathological liar... or at least, having serious "issues"...

All I can say is, I don't know what crunch they're smoking in Florida, but whatever it is, keep it away from me!

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Since she's bipolar, does that mean the girls have to watch out?
Posted by: Macaficionado
Date: March 21, 2006 10:34PM
The kid DID win the LOTTERY. He can sue the school district
and get a settlement. Heard it on Nancy Grace's show.
Re: More gender politics: LaFave charges dismissed
Date: March 21, 2006 10:47PM
Macaficionado, yes, he (or more accurately, his mother) could sue the school district, but... that will again result in more press scrutiny and trauma for this kid, to have to go through another legal process. (Remember, this is the plea agreement being dismissed by the judge after two years of legal wrangling. How many more years for another lawsuit?) I can very much understand his mother not wanting to put him through that, especially considering that these are really still his "formative years" (can you imagine being a teenager, with the majority of your teenage years spent involved in lawsuits?) ...

With that said, if I were in her shoes, I'd seriously be thinking at the very least of getting a TRO against this woman, and preventing her from being anywhere near my son. Her claim that LaFave is likely to reprise her pursuing the son seems fairly well grounded-- this is the pattern with sexual offenders in general, and has been true in other, similar cases.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2006 10:48PM by PeterB.
Posted by: liberal weenie
Date: March 21, 2006 11:01PM
As I recall, Jerry Lee Lewis married his thirteen-year-old cousin and then later
divorced her because she acted childish.

[www.foxnews.com]

[www.showipaddress.com]
Posted by: Ruby Begonia
Date: March 21, 2006 11:09PM
We'll get the real facts when her book
comes out. She'll be on Hannity &
Colmes, Larry King, Oprah and the rest
of the big shows pushing it. She's got
three years of house arrest...lots of time
to write.
Date: March 21, 2006 11:21PM
Ruby, ah, I see -- missed that other bit about the "other county" -- don't understand how they could charge her in the same case, but in another county, and get sentenced. Still, that's pretty much a slap on the wrist...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2006 11:23PM by PeterB.
Posted by: HeyDude
Date: March 22, 2006 11:33PM
Since mary K went to prison, and LeFave didn't , it must be a bias against ugly people. If you're pretty, you don't have to go.
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: March 24, 2006 02:59AM
Mary Kay initially got probation on condition she stay away from the kid. She didn't or couldn't so they locked her up.
[www.crimelibrary.com]
Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 27, 2006 02:57AM
Good synopsis, but they left out Mary K's prison girlfriend. Where does she fit into the picture?
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: March 27, 2006 12:25PM
Racer X Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good synopsis, but they left out Mary K's prison
> girlfriend. Where does she fit into the picture?

You do know the difference between innies and outies, don't you?

Here's some perspective I hadn't considered on the angst male victims of female predators feel. Evidently sexual abuse by school teachers is on the rise. One of Mary Kay's brothers was appointed Inspector General of the Defense Dep't, by W, btw.

[www.answers.com]

The author. however, is a "lesbian psychotherapist with twenty years experience working with lesbian and gay community. She focuses on issues of male sexual abuse, satanic ritualistic abuse, and mind control," so she may not be the most objecive source. :-)

Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 27, 2006 07:13PM
that could explain the omission.

A relative of mine was her probation officer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 151
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018