advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
It seems strange that no one here has tackled the current "illegal immigrant " protests?
Posted by: GeneL
Date: March 28, 2006 02:22AM
I have to say it bothers me that the protesters don't seem to be able to make a distinction between legal immigration (which the proposed legislation doesn't affect) and illegal immigration(which is the target of the legislation).

It also bothers me that these protesters were so often carrying the Mexican flag. Are we supposed to let Mexican Nationals run our country? Should they make our decisions?

American citizens carrying American flags should have an impact on our Congressional representatives but should a crowd of foreign protesters and kids carrying foreign flags be able to strong arm our Congress.

I hate to say this but it seems that so many of our politicians seem spineless.

How would these tactics work for us in Mexico? Will they give us free medical care if we go to Mexico. How about the other services that our taxpayer dollars pay for, would the Mexican government offer Americans the same services for free?

I feel there is a big burden to the US infrastructure caused by illegal immigrants and it can't help but reduce the availability of these services to those of us who pay the way.

The issues of the unfair burden on our resources and the danger of terrorists entering our unguarded borders must prompt our Congressional representatives to face reality and do something to stop the illegal flow.

I don't expect much in the way of an effective solution angry smiley

Where are the thousands of American protesters who want to tell Congress to get off their duffs and do something for the American people for a change instead of the "special interests?"

If they weren't wasting so much of our money through corruption the levees in NO would have been fixed and thousands wouldn't have died.

If they weren't wasting so much of our money through corruption our schools would be working properly.

If they weren't wasting so much of our money through corruption… the list goes on and on… fill in on your own.

As I always say, "that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: It seems strange that no one here has tackled the current "illegal immigrant " protests?
Posted by: JoeM
Date: March 28, 2006 09:09AM
We've been too busy bashing Muslims, here. We'll get to those pesky Mexicans soon enough!

JoeM
Re: It seems strange that no one here has tackled the current "illegal immigrant " protests?
Posted by: voodoopenguin
Date: March 28, 2006 09:22AM
Here in the UK we also have a large number of illegal immigrants along with another large number of people wishing to take up UK citizenship. How do I as a taxpayer feel about the vast amount of money spent in dealing with all this? Well actually I am quite happy. Personally I am proud that we in the UK have a country that for so many people is that good that they would risk incarceration, injury or even death in their efforts to get here. If I was in a country that was, compared to others, so much poorer then I would think I would do anything in my power to improve the lot of myself and my family. The option of improving their own country as an individual is usually impossible but with all the propaganda coming out of the rich nations about how good our countries are with our obvious shows of wealth who can blame them for wanting a piece of it? I certainly don't.

It's not the answer I know but until there is a more equal distribution of wealth around the world then it will always happen.

Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: March 28, 2006 09:46AM
Up until 1848, when the US waged unprovoked war on Mexico, most of the Southwest belonged to them. Bush is destroying the army in Iraq, so it's possible insurrection may fill the new FEMA camps.
Posted by: Ruby Begonia
Date: March 28, 2006 10:00AM
All one needs to do is tour Ellis Island and see the type of
immigrant who was ALLOWED into ths country, thereby making the
USA the greatest nation on this earth. We didn't let any Tom,
Dick or Harry in here w/o proper paperwork, they could have
NO disease, they could not be a burden to the government, they
had to have a sponsor. This separated the men from the boys.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 29, 2006 03:57AM
Ruby Begonia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All one needs to do is tour Ellis Island and see
> the type of
> immigrant who was ALLOWED into ths country,
> thereby making the
> USA the greatest nation on this earth. We didn't
> let any Tom,
> Dick or Harry in here w/o proper paperwork, they
> could have
> NO disease, they could not be a burden to the
> government, they
> had to have a sponsor. This separated the men
> from the boys.

They wern't ALLOWED to enter they were enticed as cheap labor. The health restictions were to keep them alive long enough to produce the labor needed.

If you doubt this look at the other coast and the lack of restrictions placed on immigrants there.

Is it possible to still look at US history through 1950 eyes? Apparently it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2006 03:59AM by RgrF.
Posted by: liberal weenie
Date: March 30, 2006 08:47PM
Look at the signs these protestors carried, the message is
there openly and in plain sight.

The message from them appears to be, this is OUR land,
not yours and we are going to take it from you.

Things are heating up and it is going to get worse!

Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: April 02, 2006 01:20AM
Illegal Workers: the Cons' Secret Weapon
[informationclearinghouse.info]

When the government of the land you live in threatens to imprison you as a felon a natural reaction is to look to other governments for relief. All I see in the flag display is a choice of the lesser evil. The U.S. flag is displayed in a manner signifying a distress call. If the marchers were truly rejecting the U.S. they'd have burned the flag, not flown it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 229
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018