advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Rice admits to "Thousands of Errors in Iraq"
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 31, 2006 10:13AM
Anyone else who forgets Clausewitz's phrase "Fog of War" is an idiot. Obviously the world expects the US to be omniscient, omnipotent, and godlike.

And then complains about the US 'wanting' to be omniscient, omnipotent, and godlike.

Somehow we Uhmericans need to get a better handle on the world's expectations of us.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Rice admits to "Thousands of Errors in Iraq"
Posted by: Effin Haole
Date: March 31, 2006 10:29AM
That's impossible, the Prez and his buddies have repeatedly told us that everything is going fine, mission accomplished and have made no apologies.

How can there be ANY errors in Iraq?
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: March 31, 2006 01:35PM
Gotta link? Did "attacking a defenseless nation that had no connection to 9/11 or means to threaten us, killing tens, perhaps hundreds of thousands of its innocent citizens, using banned weapons that will poison their land for thousands of years, stealing their oil and using the proceeds to fatten our corrupt corporations, imprisoning more of their citizens than Saddam did and torturing many of them to death" even make the list?

When asked why the Niger uranium lie made it into the SOTU she said everyone in the administration had "simply forgotten it wasn't true" in three months.
She's a liar, obviously, or a complete moran.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2006 01:37PM by Refurbvirgin.
Posted by: Ruby Begonia
Date: March 31, 2006 03:05PM

[news.yahoo.com]

"Thousands?" C'mon Condi, maybe that was just an expression,
a turn of phrase, but that word, that number, was ill-chosen.
Never mind, though, we still love you.
Posted by: mick e
Date: March 31, 2006 05:05PM
Aww... Poor Shakeman is devastated!

Unpaid Social Liaison
Posted by: PeterB
Date: March 31, 2006 08:23PM
Thousands of errors? I have your thousands of errors right here:

(I am of course only referring to what we have done in Iraq, not necessarily previous conflicts, and with due respect to the brave men and women of our military-- who are absolutely NOT responsible for the horrible judgments made by our political leaders; they just do all the "doing and dying" requested of them by the morons in office)

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2006 08:28PM by PeterB.
Date: March 31, 2006 09:49PM
Thanks a lot Peter. I have never cried over something I read on the internet before.

I had 13 kids I went to high school with that died for Johnson's lies and I swore I'd never stand by silently if my government lied us to war, like my parents did. But everything I did, and the thousands of dollars I spent opposing this war was for naught. I guess I wasn't alone in that sense of outrage and futility, but when three years into this nightmare people are still driving by our little rally flipping us off, mooning us, and throwing cups of pop at us... I wonder if my country is ever going to wake up and smell the treason.

Take care. It's going to get worse before it gets better. Those who stole the presidency will not give it up just because the people vote, again, to remove them from power. They feel they own all three branches of government and see a historical opportunity to permanently entrench themselves. They only want one thing, and that is everything.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2006 11:38PM by Refurbvirgin.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: March 31, 2006 10:27PM
Refurb, I apologize for offending you or anyone else here-- I only wanted to make a specific point: that it is the members of the military-- our sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, etc., who ultimately pay the price for our leaders' errors. These leaders who are often too eager to put them in harm's way...

Also that it is a sad day when we cannot even give the names of the dead, without it provoking some sort of protest from the administration.

If anyone's curious, here is the current list:

[icasualties.org]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Date: March 31, 2006 11:41PM
It didn't offend me, Peter. I am offended by my government which wasted those lives for lies.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 01, 2006 02:08AM
cbelt3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone else who forgets Clausewitz's phrase "Fog
> of War" is an idiot. Obviously the world expects
> the US to be omniscient, omnipotent, and godlike.
>
> And then complains about the US 'wanting' to be
> omniscient, omnipotent, and godlike.
>
> Somehow we Uhmericans need to get a better handle
> on the world's expectations of us.

This isn't about us (US). Its about how a small segment of the political sphere captured control of the levers of government and turned them to their own purpose.

Nothing this administration has done to date is reflective of America or American values hopes and dreams.

Ultimately the nation will catch up to the wrongs perpertrated in their name and the stranglehold corporate executives have on their government with the resulting "special" favors.

One day corporate welfare will be the issue, by then expect the new crop of pols to go populist.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 120
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018