Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Clinton Portrait has no wedding ring.
Posted by: SteveJobs
Date: April 28, 2006 07:55PM
[www.chron.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Clinton Portrait has no wedding ring.
Posted by: davester
Date: April 28, 2006 08:41PM
It boggles the mind that there are people out there who actually think (if you can call it that) about such things.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: kj
Date: April 28, 2006 08:52PM
I honestly have never thought they were truly husband and wife. I thought it was common knowledge she is gay? kj.
Posted by: rgG
Date: April 28, 2006 09:30PM
Wearing a ring or not isn't what makes you married. My husband doesn't wear any jewelry of any kind, except the medic alert necklace that I got him, and has never worn a wedding band ever. It doesn't bother me. If a man wants to cheat, a wedding ring isn't going to be what stops him, IMHO.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 28, 2006 10:20PM
Thanks rgG. I don't wear jewelry or watches or anything that is a skin irritant and although I can't be absolutely certain about next year, she's has kept me around for the last 39.

Political hacks will go anywhere and smear anyone anytime they can if they think it serves their cause.
Posted by: towny
Date: April 28, 2006 10:57PM
Gas prices are edging towards $5 a gallon, we're stuck in a mess without end in iraq, the cost of health care and education and housing are zooming out of control. CEO's salaries are approaching 11% of corporate profits while average wages are stagnant, we still can't find bin laden, and these buffoons are worried about an ex president's marital status.
Date: April 29, 2006 06:36AM
Hey, here's another Clinton story - his popularity (approval) rating is nearing 50% for the first time since he was impeached.

Date: April 29, 2006 10:08AM
SteveJobs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey, here's another Clinton story - his popularity
> (approval) rating is nearing 50% for the first
> time since he was impeached.
>
Actually, around his impeachment his popularity rating was in the 60's. If it's in the 50's 5 years after he left office, well then that's because people look fondly back on the days when we had a president who could read and write, pronounce multi syllable words and only lied about bj's instead of lying about a war, the cost of gas, CIA leaks and everything else. Heck, I'll bet Bush would be willing to get impeached if he could get a 50% rating out of it.
Date: April 29, 2006 10:14AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2006 10:33AM by SteveJobs.
Posted by: davester
Date: April 29, 2006 10:27AM
Rowdy, other than the obvious fact that you want to demonstrate your negative fixation with Clinton, is there anything you're actually trying to say with this thread? You seem to be merely channelling drug addict Limbaugh's sentiments, but with substantially less eloquence, if that's possible.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2006 10:29AM by davester.
Date: April 29, 2006 10:37AM
Here is what I was saying.

Watching the news last night.

I don't have cable so it was one of the big 3 or PBS

They showed BOTH Mr and Mrs. Clinton's unveiling of each other's portraits.

They made a point to show the NO RING on his ring finger as well as his is 8 feet tall and hers is about 3 ft.

I thought that interesting and found the first article relating and posted it.

It does NOT have to be of interest to YOU, mind you. And I don't try to find the sweet spot of you folks.

I do get plenty of PMs with positive feedback on these posts, regardless of whether or not they want to some here and get equally scolded by you guys.

If you can find it within the ABOVE text that I have a POINT, bully for you. If you cannot find any point, then I cannot help you nor can I say I am able to change my communication method.

Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: April 29, 2006 11:16AM
When I used to play in a band, loooong before I got married, we bought cheap
bands because... well, we called them "@#$%& magnets."

That pretty much sums that up.
Posted by: x-uri
Date: April 29, 2006 03:46PM
The remarkable thing is that Rowdy keeps "finding" articles on Wingnut sites after hearing about the story in some mainstream media (which he, again, fails to identify).

And kj, we know Hillary Clinton isn't a lesbian because she was having an affair with Vince Foster, who was killed by the Little Rock cocaine dealer (with whom she was also sleeping) who through those two teenage boys (with whom she was also sleeping) in front of the freight train.

Posted by: decocritter
Date: April 29, 2006 03:59PM
what???

I wouldn't expect Clinton to wear a wedding band. I wouldn't expect Hillary to give a damn, at this point in life. I would not expect a painter to paint it if he wasn't wearing it. I am not sure if he was or wasn't wearing the ring.

They have had (and probably still do) bigger problems than this. Clinton is a (well known) dog when it comes to women, and he won't change until he can't get it up, if then.

Date: April 29, 2006 04:13PM
It's not that remarkable that it was on the news. It is IMPROBABLE that I saw it there, because I rarely watch the news. It's a bunch of crap mostly.

I usually just watch movies.

But, hey, I saw it and thought it worth repeating. No, I don't search anything for Clinton. Only if I see it or hear it would I know. I do not search for Clinton news, if that is what you are implying.

Posted by: kj
Date: April 29, 2006 04:23PM
>And kj, we know Hillary Clinton isn't a lesbian because she was having an affair with Vince Foster, who was killed by the Little Rock cocaine dealer (with whom she was also sleeping) who through those two teenage boys (with whom she was also sleeping) in front of the freight train.<

Ah, then she's bisexual. Whatever. kj.
Date: April 29, 2006 06:53PM
Hillary is a WOMAN?

Date: April 29, 2006 09:47PM
Why don't you wingnuts give it up. They spent $40 mil chasing the clintons around and all they found was a bj. Now, if they had another $40mil to chase bush around, just think what they might find.
Date: April 30, 2006 10:07AM
Give what up? It was the national broadcast news, not drudge or some other source. Tell them.

Posted by: x-uri
Date: April 30, 2006 04:12PM
kj Wrote:

> Ah, then she's bisexual. Whatever. kj.

Bill Clinton is just lucky enough for that to be true. Think she likes Bill to watch, or does she let him join in?

Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 01, 2006 08:51AM
Some more trivia!

Nixon's portrait has no integrity
GHW Bush's portrait has no balls
Reagan's portrait was dyed

towny Wrote:
> Now, if they had another $40mil to chase
> bush around, just think what they might find.

Who needs $40 mil? Desertion, drug use, DUI, poor business skills, cheerleading... Not enough voters seemed to think this was a problem.
Posted by: incognegro
Date: May 02, 2006 03:47PM
there are a couple of VERY accurate portaits on this page:

[aor.macinbytes.com]

Date: May 03, 2006 08:31AM
uh, is that linking to images of sex glands? Isn't that against the rules?

Date: May 04, 2006 06:13AM
7:10 am - syndicated radio show mentions/talks about the missing ring in the portrait.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 111
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018