advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Potential legalization of weed, cocaine, heroine in Mexico, good/bad for USofA?
Posted by: SteveJobs
Date: April 29, 2006 10:47AM
a sample, first article I found googling. I have no affiliation with this news source.

[www.vvdailypress.com]

Easy, first question: Are you for or against this?

Do you think it will or should be done in USofA?

Would it mean you'd be more interested in traveling to Mexico to partake in legalized drugs?

What does this say about a society that purports to be a high percentage of Catholics?

Is this an important issue to you?

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Potential legalization of weed, cocaine, heroine in Mexico, good/bad for USofA?
Posted by: Marc Anthony
Date: April 29, 2006 04:38PM
I'm for part of it. I think pot should be legalized - in small quantities, it's harmless. I think the other drugs are bad news. Maybe the US could also be more flexible on marijuana. Too many people end up in jail and clogging our justice system over insignificant drug use.

One thing I'm left wondering is... what happens when a US tourist visits Mexico, partakes of the recreation, comes back to the US and then their employer does a pop drug test? The consumption of the drugs would be legal where you did them, so could you still get in trouble?

Le poète doit vivre beaucoup, vivre dans tous les sens. - Verlaine
Re: Potential legalization of weed, cocaine, heroine in Mexico, good/bad for USofA?
Date: April 29, 2006 05:37PM
I've often thought that same thing. Visiting any other country where pot is legal. I mean, they did not break the law HERE. But, I think drug test are a stipulation of employment for some, so it would not matter, in that case. I"m sure this has already happened.

Posted by: hal
Date: April 29, 2006 05:47PM
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico’s Congress approved a bill Friday decriminalizing possession of small quantities of drugs for personal use — including cocaine and even heroin — raising potential questions about joint U.S.-Mexican anti-narcotics operations.

I other words, don't worry about small time users - go after dealers. Darned good idea.

Date: April 29, 2006 06:03PM
I wonder if it will apply to tourists?

Posted by: Effin Haole
Date: April 29, 2006 08:30PM
Drug testing isn't about legalities per se, it's about potential danger and liabilities for the company and it's other employees and customers.

Same as drinking on the job isn't allowed, inless you are a taster for JD or Sam Adams.

As for being a tourist, once you leave the USA, you have no rights as you know them.

While I hacve no problem with decrim on pot, anything else is asking for more trouble than we already have.

Strength without compassion is brutality. Compassion without strength is weakness.

We must train our minds to desire what the situation demands.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: April 29, 2006 09:22PM
SteveJobs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder if it will apply to tourists?
>
> **************************************************
> ****
> PM me if you need to say something directly to me.
> I can't read all the replies.
>
>

With our condo in Cabo, I can tell you without doubt, they don't go after tourists. It is hard to walk through downtown in the evening, without being offered something at least every block. No way they will hassle tourists. Tourisism is the sole reason the city exists. (maybe strong arm a stupid rich one for a bribe, but not that often anyway)

You know your poots stink when the cats looks up from licking his butt, and leaves the room.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2006 11:30PM by Racer X.
Posted by: norteamericano
Date: April 29, 2006 10:43PM
Do I hear the decriminalization crowd talking about an enlightened culture?
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 29, 2006 11:29PM
norteamericano Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do I hear the decriminalization crowd talking
> about an enlightened culture?

Why? Does William F. Buckley have something to say about enlightenment?

Posted by: towny
Date: May 01, 2006 08:18AM
Wow, Rush becomes an addict and suddenly the dittoheads want to legalize pot.
Date: May 01, 2006 08:25AM
which dittohead said that?

Posted by: decocritter
Date: May 06, 2006 12:30AM
Funny how the US picks and chooses which laws to enforce, and which lawbreakers to prosecute. Funny how the US , Mexico, and South America are in cahoots on the whole drug trade scenario, but they can't decide who can get a little high ( after they collectively supply the hoochie). This is so typical Bull Sheet - just like alcohol and cigarettes.

Don't think for a second that we voters control this country. I think we are already giving Mexico $50 or so million dollars a year to help them patrol the border. That is money well spent. I wonder what it is really for?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 299
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018