advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
I like Ice Cream
Posted by: SteveJobs
Date: April 29, 2006 10:51AM
Doesn't matter if it's vanilla or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2006 11:47AM by SteveJobs.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Do guns scare you?
Posted by: davester
Date: April 29, 2006 11:47AM
Depends who's carrying them and what kind of gun we're talking. Someone carrying an Uzi or handgun outside of a shooting range obviously has that gun because they're figuring on shooting a person sometime, whether in self defense, "self defense" or commission of a crime. I have encountered a number of people like this in some of the rednecky parts of the west and most seemed a bit unbalanced...some of those people scared the heck out of me. On the other hand, rifles or shotguns used for hunting are another category entirely. However, there are a lot of "hunters" who are a danger to themselves and others because they are careless and untrained.

Just like driving a car, I don't think anybody should be able to buy a gun without carrying a large amount of insurance and a license that requires extensive gun safety instruction...and every gun should be registered and ownership changes tracked the same as car ownership.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: April 29, 2006 11:47AM
Hard to go wrong with one of these.

Filled with water, it's great fun! Filled with hydrochloric acid, even Kevlar is
of no use!

btw.... here is the link for someone who is CLEARLY dangerous! Talk about
someone out of control! [www.wcnews.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2006 11:59AM by Jimmypoo.
Re: I like Ice Cream
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 01, 2006 08:21AM
What caliber ice cream cone are we talking here? Sugar and cake cones are fine for home defense, but I think it's ridiculous for civilians to be armed with waffle cones. Like they're going to do any good facing down an Army banana split anyway.
Posted by: davester
Date: May 01, 2006 01:13PM
Very funny slash. I guess you just didn't want to know.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: SteveJobs
Date: May 01, 2006 01:30PM
I do. But in the interest of the overworked, underpaid admins, I thought I would save it for another day.
(who is slash?)

Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 02, 2006 01:27AM
SteveJobs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do. But in the interest of the overworked,
> underpaid admins, I thought I would save it for
> another day.
> (who is slash?)

An ex-Marine. You can spot him from the other Gyrenes by the slice of bread he carries wherever he goes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 329
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018