advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Ohio Election Results- Ken Blackwell gets GOP nod to run for gov.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 02, 2006 11:11PM
Not a resounding victory (56%), but I don't think anyone is going to complain that he 'rigged his own election'. The alt. weekly political cartoonists are having a ball in Cleveland- something about the 'white religious right' voting for Ken and self destructing. (You see, Ken's black...)

We will see if he can counteract the damage that Taft has done to the GOP with his kleptocracy and stupidity. I have, needless to say, no respect for Taft. Definitely an empty suit.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Ohio Election Results- Ken Blackwell gets GOP nod to run for gov.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 03, 2006 12:51AM
With Blackwells performance off his last office, chief election officer of the state combined with partisan chair for one of the candidates, you see this as a step up for Ohio?

You must be Republican to the core.
Posted by: mick e
Date: May 03, 2006 06:25AM
Stephen Colbert had a great line about Ohio, when interviewing a member of congress:

"Your state is the birthplace of 22 astronauts. What about Ohio do you think makes people want to flee the earth?"

Unpaid Social Liaison
Posted by: SteveJobs
Date: May 03, 2006 06:27AM
It's a great way to see the world without having to mingle with those yucky foreigners! smiling smiley

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 03, 2006 08:36AM
mick, i never heard that line. That's funny !
(the short answer is 'How do you keep them down on the farm, after they've seen Paree'. Ohio is, after all, primarily agricultural).

And yes, I'm pretty republican. Ken's performance so far has been pretty exemplary in my opinion- he hasn't caved to all the out of state influence and media attention during any of the election tempest in a teapot issues, unlike his counterpart in Florida. You see, State officials are supposed to be all about defending their State, and screw everyone else. When you get carpetbaggers like Hillary claiming to be 'for the people of New York', and then basically representing everybody else, I get pissed off...
Date: May 03, 2006 08:40AM
They just need to get their gun laws changed from the goofy "concealed while on foot, open(ly visible) while in car" rule.

Posted by: mick e
Date: May 03, 2006 08:40AM
..or Mitt Romney?....

Unpaid Social Liaison
Posted by: cassie
Date: May 03, 2006 03:18PM
"Your state is the birthplace of 22 astronauts. What about Ohio do you think makes people want to flee the earth?"

I have heard that line back when I was in High School. My mom says it has been around (in one form or another) for a long time and it seems like lots of people like to use it.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 03, 2006 03:28PM
I drove through Ohio many times while I was stationed at Great Mistakes. The Ohio turnpike has to be one of THE most boring stretches of road in the US. I can see why people would want to flee.

And then there's Cleveland.
Date: May 03, 2006 03:38PM
Ohio is beautiful in spots. Just like most of US of A and probably the world.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 148
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018