advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Do you think an (eventual?) armed fire fight at the border will change people's minds?
Posted by: SteveJobs
Date: May 03, 2006 08:37AM
Eventually, there will have to be some sort of armed firefight/death with increased patrol and vigilance at the border. I hope not. But, even in routine police work it seems like justified and accidental shootings/death occur all the time. So, it seems reasonable to think it will happen at the border.

Will this change decisionmakers/deciders' minds? Would Mexico issue any statements condeming immigrant's roles? Apologies?

[www.kpho.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2006 08:37AM by SteveJobs.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Do you think an (eventual?) armed fire fight at the border will change people's minds?
Posted by: Furiously Stylish
Date: May 03, 2006 09:25AM
[www.kfoxtv.com]

Maybe it'll be the Mexican military starting things.
Re: Do you think an (eventual?) armed fire fight at the border will change people's minds?
Date: May 03, 2006 10:00AM
I've seen that. But I mean serious injury or death.

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 03, 2006 02:23PM
As i recall, it's already happened a few times. And no, nothing has changed.

You see, it is still ILLEGAL to cross the border without permission. It is ILLEGAL to trespass on someone's property. It is ILLEGAL to steal / vandalize that property. Some ranchers / farmers/ homeowners carry weapons.

Is illegal immigration an 'immediate death sentence offense' ? No. Is it right, good, and just to shoot some poor schlub who is walking across your property ? No. Is it right to take someone's life because they are threatening your life ? Debatable...

Now, if you're talking about some redneck going video-game twitch rock and roll on some poor @#$%&... well, it's possible. Combine weapons and stupidity, and you usually end up with some kind of tragedy. And if it happens, the 'Minutemen' will slowly fade back into the American backdrop along with Militias and the @#$%& and so forth..
Posted by: Furiously Stylish
Date: May 03, 2006 02:38PM
cbelt3:

Firearms = stupidity ?

Firearms = racism ?

Firearms = redneck ?

Clean up your memes before you debate, please. Not all of the Minutemen are idiots, nor are all "rednecks," whatever that term means to you.
Posted by: hal
Date: May 03, 2006 04:03PM
"But, even in routine police work it seems like justified and accidental shootings/death occur all the time"

You watch WAY too much TV...
Date: May 04, 2006 06:54AM
No, actually I don't.
I do participate in forums with a lot of cops - and have many friends/family that are cops. It's not one day, but it's pretty frequent. And not many of them make 'tv' or news. A court-appointed deputy that I know just shot his finger off in firearms training and he is the TRAINER. I train and practice around cops all the time and there are certainly many accidental discharges. Some find flesh. Not many find reporters.

Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 05, 2006 12:25AM
Furiously Stylish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> cbelt3:
>
> Firearms = stupidity ?
>
> Firearms = racism ?
>
> Firearms = redneck ?
>
> Clean up your memes before you debate, please. Not
> all of the Minutemen are idiots,

Factually correct, there may actually be one or two or ten who are not; that leaves the other 98-99% who are but CruSty already knew that.

It was the gun reference that he was responding to, not the relative idiocy of this idiot group. (NPR did a eight hour ride along with these guys, you should Google it)

Maybe if you ask him nicely, he'll provide you with a floor plan of the Minutemen Headquarters (a dressed out Winnebago) or a map to its secret location.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2006 12:31AM by RgrF.
Posted by: haikuman
Date: May 05, 2006 10:11PM
I like the
song by Madonna " Borderline"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 141
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018