advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Nuclear War...
Posted by: Doc
Date: August 08, 2010 07:13AM
[www.nytimes.com]

HAVANA (Reuters) — Former President Fidel Castro of Cuba addressed a session of Parliament for the first time in four years on Saturday, the latest of several recent public appearances after a long period of seclusion.

Mr. Castro had requested the Parliament session, which was broadcast live by Cuban state television, to discuss his warnings that the confrontation between Iran and the United States and its allies over the issue of nuclear weapons had pushed the world to the brink of nuclear war.

Standing on the podium and speaking in a firm but sometimes halting voice, Mr. Castro read a 12-minute statement saying that a nuclear confrontation could break out if President Obama ordered an attack on Iran, should it resist American and Israeli efforts to enforce international sanctions against it for its nuclear activities...

I must have been sleeping when the president announced his intention to invade Iran.

Just rhetoric, of course. 'Got to keep the people scared to keep them in line, right? I think Castro misses the cold war.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Nuclear War...
Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 08, 2010 10:00AM
I'm sure I don't know what he's talking about or why anyone in Iran would feel that way.
Posted by: Dakota
Date: August 08, 2010 11:53AM
Some have long memories,

"I want the Iranians to know that if I'm the president, we will attack Iran," Clinton said. "In the next 10 years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them."

After you discover you're riding a dead horse, your best strategy is to dismount.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: August 08, 2010 12:06PM
Geez Dak, could you do any more of a disservice by picking and choosing portions of quotes out of context to make it suit your argument? Do you wonder why people have a hard time with your credibility?
Date: August 08, 2010 12:08PM
There is no pick and choose. It's all there. You are just pissed that I won't let you roam around here unchecked.

After you discover you're riding a dead horse, your best strategy is to dismount.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: August 08, 2010 12:25PM
Keep digging that hole you're in...
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 08, 2010 10:28PM
That silly Castro. Just because we invaded Iraq twice, toppled Saddam, and invaded Afghanistan he thinks we might go into Iran.

He's probably just ticked off that we tried to kill him.

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 09, 2010 07:48AM
.. Iran Missile Crisis !!!!
Posted by: billb
Date: August 09, 2010 08:04AM
Doc
[www.nytimes.com]

HAVANA (Reuters) — Former President Fidel Castro of Cuba addressed a session of Parliament for the first time in four years on Saturday, the latest of several recent public appearances after a long period of seclusion.

Mr. Castro had requested the Parliament session, which was broadcast live by Cuban state television, to discuss his warnings that the confrontation between Iran and the United States and its allies over the issue of nuclear weapons had pushed the world to the brink of nuclear war.

Standing on the podium and speaking in a firm but sometimes halting voice, Mr. Castro read a 12-minute statement saying that a nuclear confrontation could break out if President Obama ordered an attack on Iran, should it resist American and Israeli efforts to enforce international sanctions against it for its nuclear activities...

I must have been sleeping when the president announced his intention to invade Iran.

Just rhetoric, of course. 'Got to keep the people scared to keep them in line, right? I think Castro misses the cold war.

Nuclear posture review

... and the rhetoric over nuclear compliance has gotten insinuatively 'tough' sounding.
Date: August 09, 2010 08:25AM
$tevie
That silly Castro. Just because we invaded Iraq twice, toppled Saddam, and invaded Afghanistan he thinks we might go into Iran.

But, but, Obama is the president now. The thoughtful, deliberate thinker would never do such a thing. That was Bush. Has anyone told him that?

Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: August 09, 2010 02:48PM
Yep, when planning your invasion, nothing like a 10kT nuke to ruin your day...

$tevie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 241
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020