advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $95.60 ( -2.55 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
What happened to the old Garageband.com site?
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: August 18, 2011 09:45AM
I used to go there to get a lot free, legal, music. It was mainly for not well known bands. It's been a year or so
since I've been over there and now it's something different. I guess I could try my old password and see what
happens. I'm not a musician just a music lover of nearly every genre except country, well there's a few country
artist I can listen to but not many.

"Garageband is now combined with iLike.
The iLike Artist Dashboard™ allows you to manage your presence on iLike, Facebook, and on the popular
iLike Sidebar for iTunes. Music fans can add your music to their profiles, be alerted to concerts and new
releases, and see what music and concerts their friends like. More than 200,000 leading artists are now
using iLike to manage their online presence.
Manage your page and reach multiple networks
Add videos, songs, and events… get more fans
Access a detailed analytics dashboard to track results

Grateful11
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What happened to the old Garageband.com site?
Posted by: mikebw
Date: August 18, 2011 09:54AM
"In partnership with MySpace Music"

Oh god no. banghead smiley

EDIT: I like [bandcamp.com] for finding free (and some pay) music of all types. I actually setup a page for my old band just to have an online accessible place for our songs. It's great because you can upload high quality AIFF files, and the site lets people download at whatever quality they want too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2011 09:58AM by mikebw.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: August 18, 2011 10:04AM
mikebw
"In partnership with MySpace Music"

Oh god no. banghead smiley

That was my main reason for asking, never messed with MySpace anything and don't plan on starting now.
I've DL'ed some really good, legally free, music off that site in the past.

I think I found the answer at Wikipedia:

"GarageBand.com was a large online community of independent musicians and music fans. Founded
in 1999, the site was used by musicians who were seeking greater exposure and critical insight
provided by an audience of their peers. The site was also used by music fans to discover new
independent artists in the site's vast collection. Some is Creative Commons-licensed music
content.[citation needed] Garageband closed its doors in June of 2010."

Well that sucks!

I did add an App for free music to my thread below.

Music Free Download Pro, they claim it's legal, probably unknown bands, haven't checked it out yet.

[itunes.apple.com]

Grateful11
Posted by: mikebw
Date: August 18, 2011 10:11AM
I remember now, my band used to have a garageband.com account too, waaaay back, probably 2002 or so. It was cool for a few months, it really required you to listen and provide feedback on music from other bands for your own music to get heard. Cool concept, or was at least.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login