advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $524.94 ( +5.93 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
please help with amazon mp3 downloader using firefox 17.0.1?
Posted by: goodmanx
Date: December 19, 2012 09:55AM
this is the same as my post below on the thread re the beethoven downloads available from amazon. maybe someone savvy with amazon's downloader who isn't interested in beethoven can help me.

i've installed the latest version on my machine (running os 10.6.8), but it won't download any tracks. i've clicked the downward-pointing arrow/lower-case a icon on the left side of the amazon mp3 downloader window, but it doesn't respond. i've gone through the amazon troubleshooting pages to no avail. "block pop-ups" is not checked in the firefox preferences. i don't have and would rather not open an amazon cloud account.

i tried copying the "proceed to music download" link and pasting it into safari, but that doesn't work, either.

i'd rather not spend another buck to start over using safari (5.1.7).

can someone give me an idea how to get the downloader workiing with firefox or how to download these tracks using safari without re-purchasing them?

i'll appreciate any assistance y'all can provide.

thanx!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: please help with amazon mp3 downloader using firefox 17.0.1?
Posted by: mikebw
Date: December 19, 2012 10:19AM
Do you have the .amz file for the songs you want? The downloader is a stand-alone application that should launch when you download the .amz file. This should initiate the downloading of the actual song files.
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: December 19, 2012 10:50AM
Yeah. The browser just downloads the .amz file. Then you use the standalone app to run the .amz file. Usually the browser handles all this automagically but I've had intermittent success with that.

Date: December 19, 2012 11:37AM
mikebw--thanx for responding. none of the .amz files was downloaded. the downloader is open and i've tried to d/l the files to no avail.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: December 19, 2012 12:21PM
Assume you have tried restarting Firefox? How about another browser just to download the .amz files? Once you have those you can open them in the Amazon Downloader app and it should just go.
Posted by: decay
Date: December 19, 2012 03:54PM
check Preferences / Applications

do you see amz files associated with Amazon MP3 Downloader?

[www.giyf.com]
Date: December 19, 2012 05:37PM
DING DING DING DING DING we've got a winner!!!

thanx, decay--that did the trick in about two shakes! but now the amazon downloader is telling me that each "[d]ownload is no longer available." i assume that means that the downloads have expired since i bought them this morning. will i have to buy them again or is there somewhere in amazon where i can go to start the d/l process again?

thanx to all for your suggestions.
Date: December 19, 2012 06:00PM
update--when i tried to purchase this item again, i was told that i'd already purchased it and my only option appeared to be to upload it to the amazon cloud player. again, i don't have and don't want such an account.

does anyone know how i can contact amazon to let me spend another buck to buy this music again?
Date: December 19, 2012 06:58PM
well, that only took a while, but i was able to scare-up a chat with amazon's customer rep folks and they eventually re-loaded the tunes into my digital orders and i now appear to be downloading the tracks successfully.

thanx to those who have offered assistance and guidance.
Posted by: DewGuy
Date: December 19, 2012 07:06PM
goodmanx
update--when i tried to purchase this item again, i was told that i'd already purchased it and my only option appeared to be to upload it to the amazon cloud player. again, i don't have and don't want such an account.

does anyone know how i can contact amazon to let me spend another buck to buy this music again?

I was under the impression that you needed an Amazon Cloud whether you wanted to use it or not to buy music from them, anyway try this to re-download your music.

Go to Amazon.com (somewhere along the line you'll have to log-in)
From the pop-down menu on the top right go to "Your Account"
Scroll down to the section titled "Digital Content" and then under "Your Media Library" click on "MP3 Downloads"
From the tab bar at the top, click on "Downloads"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login