Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $95.37 ( -0.23 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
[iP5 pano] Took my son out to Pt. Reyes over the weekend
Posted by: Bo
Date: January 07, 2013 02:19PM
It was a gorgeous day out at the Pt. Reyes Lighthouse and we saw some gray whales on their migration south. Grabbed this quick panorama from the lighthouse as we were about to start back up the stairs. I'm very impressed with panorama feature on this thing!

Link to full res shot (7961x1865): [dl.dropbox.com]

Low res image: (edit-looks like viewing on mobile crops it...oops)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2013 02:25PM by Bo.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: [iP5 pano] Took my son out to Pt. Reyes over the weekend
Posted by: btfc
Date: January 07, 2013 02:27PM
Great shot!
Posted by: freeradical
Date: January 07, 2013 02:36PM
Nice! I've got some relatively recent shots of Pt. Reyes that I've been meaning to post.

It's quite thoughtful of them to number the steps on the way up isn't it. All 500 of them. ;)
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: January 07, 2013 04:33PM
Very nice! I've watched whales from that spot, but it's been twelve or fifteen years.

I know what you mean about how impressive the iOS panorama feature is. I was able to post here on MRF a low-res copy of a shot of my son with the Matterhorn in the background -- not bad when we didn't even take a computer on our trip!

Unedited (except for resolution, the original is 10800 x 2374)

It's great being able to do that with just an iPod or iPhone. But I also have an EyeFi card in my Canon S100, and with Snapseed and Postino, it's amazing what we can do on the road without even a laptop. But still, the panorama feature on my camera is nowhere near as awesome was what iOS offers.

That's a lot of pesto.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2013 04:36PM by Mike Johnson.
Posted by: Phy
Date: January 07, 2013 05:38PM
Beautiful photos!
Date: January 07, 2013 06:28PM
Very cool shot! We're going to the Swiss alps in late June, probably the Jungfrau/Eiger/Schilthorn area rather than Zermatt, but we'll see. Hopefully there will be a little less snow.

Mike Johnson
Very nice! I've watched whales from that spot, but it's been twelve or fifteen years.

I know what you mean about how impressive the iOS panorama feature is. I was able to post here on MRF a low-res copy of a shot of my son with the Matterhorn in the background -- not bad when we didn't even take a computer on our trip!

Unedited (except for resolution, the original is 10800 x 2374)

It's great being able to do that with just an iPod or iPhone. But I also have an EyeFi card in my Canon S100, and with Snapseed and Postino, it's amazing what we can do on the road without even a laptop. But still, the panorama feature on my camera is nowhere near as awesome was what iOS offers.
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: January 07, 2013 06:46PM
Bo
Very cool shot! We're going to the Swiss alps in late June, probably the Jungfrau/Eiger/Schilthorn area rather than Zermatt, but we'll see. Hopefully there will be a little less snow.

Oh, the snow was great; we were eager to go sledding. We spent more time in the Jungfrau area than we did at Gornergrat/Zermatt. Going inside the glacier at Jungfraujoch was an unexpected highlight.

The view from our balcony at the Hotel Alpina in Mürren:

That's a lot of pesto.
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 07, 2013 06:52PM
Hey! I went out there on Saturday. It was rainy though and I saw no whales. But it was nice anyway. Nice photos everyone.
Date: January 07, 2013 07:47PM
You missed it by a day. Friday was beautiful...t-shirt warm with almost no wind.

vision63
Hey! I went out there on Saturday. It was rainy though and I saw no whales. But it was nice anyway. Nice photos everyone.
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 07, 2013 08:05PM
Bo
You missed it by a day. Friday was beautiful...t-shirt warm with almost no wind.

vision63

Dangit. We were really hoping to see some too. I go out there maybe once every few months or so. Just for fun. I love the cows.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login