Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $103.02 ( +0.52 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Inspired by NewEgg's victory…
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: February 01, 2013 08:20AM
…I ordered some stuff from them. It could have and probably should waited, but I really did feel inspired by their battle with the bottom-feeding patent trolls.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Inspired by NewEgg's victory…
Posted by: Go To Top
Date: February 01, 2013 09:28AM
?????????????????????????????????????????????

A man who is of "sound mind" is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key.
(Paul Valery)
Posted by: mattkime
Date: February 01, 2013 09:36AM
I've always been quite happy with them.

VTPKL it!
Posted by: TheTominator
Date: February 01, 2013 09:47AM
If there's one thing I learned from playing D&D as a teen is that trolls regenerate.

That and there's always another kobold around the corner.
Posted by: sekker
Date: February 01, 2013 10:18AM
The Compuserve part of their win was really great.

I'm beginning to lean towards the view that software patents are largely just troll eggs.
Posted by: billb
Date: February 01, 2013 11:39AM
mattkime
I've always been quite happy with them.

you were able to retrain yours

Logen Aryn Ryley - Happy Birthday
July 25
The Truth Will Always Be
Christine McVie Songbird demo cut no longer available
candy
"I was walking along a path with two friends - the sun was setting - suddenly the sky turned blood red - I paused, feeling exhausted, and leaned on the fence - there was blood and tongues of fire above the blue-black fjord and the city - my friends walked on, and I stood there trembling with anxiety - and I sensed an infinite scream passing through nature."

one Great Gig in THe Sky meets another
Posted by: deckeda
Date: February 01, 2013 12:53PM
Go To Top
?????????????????????????????????????????????

[forums.macresource.com]
Posted by: kj4btkljv
Date: February 01, 2013 02:38PM
TheTominator
If there's one thing I learned from playing D&D as a teen is that trolls regenerate.

Frickin' awesome reference. I played too... smiling smiley

Jeff
Posted by: silvarios
Date: February 01, 2013 02:50PM
kj4btkljv
TheTominator

Frickin' awesome reference. I played too... smiling smiley

Not to derail this thread too much, but OD&D, 1st Edition, 2nd Edition, 3rd Edition, and 4th Edition PDF books are now available (again). Only a smattering from each edition at the moment, but more to come.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2013 02:51PM by silvarios.
Posted by: silvarios
Date: February 01, 2013 02:53PM
sekker
I'm beginning to lean towards the view that software patents are largely just troll eggs.

I'm already there. Welcome.

Here's a prime example that made me lose all respect for Apple, "Angry over employee poaching, Steve Jobs threatened Palm with patent suit":
"Jobs replied a few hours later with a much shorter message. "This is not satisfactory to Apple," Jobs wrote. "I'm sure you realize the asymmetry in the financial resources of our respective companies when you say: 'We will both just end up paying a lot of lawyers a lot of money.'"

Jobs ended his letter by suggesting Colligan "take a look at our patent portfolio before you make a final decision here."

Even the big players are devolving into trolls. Nokia has one suits against Apple and recently RIMBlackberry settled instead of going to court. Microsoft has done this for over a decade. Patents as extortion. Screw them all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2013 02:54PM by silvarios.
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: February 01, 2013 04:54PM
silvarios
sekker

I'm already there. Welcome.

Here's a prime example that made me lose all respect for Apple, "Angry over employee poaching, Steve Jobs threatened Palm with patent suit":
"Jobs replied a few hours later with a much shorter message. "This is not satisfactory to Apple," Jobs wrote. "I'm sure you realize the asymmetry in the financial resources of our respective companies when you say: 'We will both just end up paying a lot of lawyers a lot of money.'"

Jobs ended his letter by suggesting Colligan "take a look at our patent portfolio before you make a final decision here."

Even the big players are devolving into trolls. Nokia has one suits against Apple and recently RIMBlackberry settled instead of going to court. Microsoft has done this for over a decade. Patents as extortion. Screw them all.

It's the same paranoia as the Cold War but without the threat of nuclear (um sorry, noocyouler) annihilation to keep people's fingers from hitting the button every time someone sneezes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login