Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $156.07 ( -2.66 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
e-Loan, LendingTree: opinions?
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: March 07, 2007 12:49PM
I'm thinking of putting myself in hock* for the rest of my life.
Wanted to know what your experiences were with either of these companies, if any.
Also, if you considered using them, but went with a broker instead, I'd like to know why.

Thanks.

*Mortgage, first-time homebuyer.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: e-Loan, LendingTree: opinions?
Posted by: onthedownlow
Date: March 07, 2007 12:55PM
I remember attempting to use E-Loan for an autombobile loan...just to check rates, etc. Pretty painless...the rate was very nice (lower than many banks) based on the good credit I had. They sent a check for much more than I asked for (within like a week), which was nice actually - and of course, whatever amount you use is the loan amount you would repay.

I ended up not going with them - actually didn't end up purchasing during the 30-days or whatever they give you - but knowing how easy and friendly they were (I did call them with some questions...everything was on the up-and-up)...I would look at them again for something in the future.
Posted by: MGS_forgot_password
Date: March 07, 2007 12:57PM
I got my last home loan through e-loan, pretty easy and very low closing costs.

But that was in 2003...
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: March 07, 2007 02:22PM
Lending Tree will put you in contact with three lenders, and then you take it from there. We did our home mortgage through Costco/Lending Tree and got an excellent rate with very low closing costs. But dealing with a mortgage company thousands of miles away is not for the faint of heart.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 07, 2007 03:05PM
I might suggest getting a throw away e-mail account to use. A co-worker used lending tree, and he started getting all sorts of financial spam withing just a day or two. I really doubt it was a coincidence.
Posted by: bobalu
Date: March 07, 2007 03:22PM
I used E-Loan to purchase my last car and the whole process was very fast and painless. I applied on line, got an approval whithin fifteen minutes, and had a check via Fedex the next day. Interest rate was less than I could get from bank/credit union.
Posted by: Cary
Date: March 07, 2007 04:53PM
I used quicken loans for my refi - went well, good rates...
Posted by: graylocks
Date: March 07, 2007 06:40PM
i've use e-loan for a home equity line of credit and lending tree for a refi. both were fine though in my lending tree dealing, one of the lenders was a bit obnoxious in their sales pitch. i went with the other lender offer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 183
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015