The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
US Digital HDTV Tuner/Receiver $50.00 or > @ WalMart (in-store only) **YMMV**
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 15, 2006 11:34AM
US Digital HDTV Tuner/Receiver $50.00 or > @ WalMart (in-store only) **YMMV**

This is on clearance @ certain Walmarts. Originally,
$198.76. . .some have it for $50. . .others $120/$130. . .so YMMV. . .Most hdtv reciever cost over $200. . .not sure of the quality of this unit. . .

This HDTV receiver is for OTA (over-the-air) channels only. .

For under $200, enjoy digital-quality television right now, on any TV. And if you have an HDTV (High Definition) television, you'll get an amazing DVD-quality picture, too. Receives digital and HDTV signals in widescreen 16:9 or normal 4:3 format. Also provides Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound.

Your BIG picture deserves BIG sound. Select any of our Surround Sound Systems to complete your ultimate home theater.

Delivers free, over-the-air digital television signals to either an HDTV-ready TV or standard analog television set
You'll enjoy DVD-quality television for most of your favorite programs and big TV events in the new digital HDTV format

Delivers theater-quality widescreen pictures and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound on any HDTV-ready TV monitor
Receiver is USDTV-ready, so when USDTV becomes available in your area, you can also get additional cable channels for about half the cost of cable or satellite

Visit USDTV.com for details (USDTV Service is not required to receive local Digital TV broadcasts)
Fully ATSC compliant
Receives 8VSB digital signals
Receives AC3 digital surround sound
Requires a VHF/UHF antenna
Connectors: Component, Composit, S-Video

US Digital HDTV Tuner/Receiver @ WalMart.com link for information purposes

NOTE: Of course, this deal is only for those that frequent Walmart.

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2006 11:35AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: US Digital HDTV Tuner/Receiver $50.00 or > @ WalMart (in-store only) **YMMV**
Posted by: onthedownlow
Date: May 15, 2006 09:20PM
Dang...but that's okay...I've enjoyed it over around 2 years now.

I bought this receiver for one HDTV for the $197.xx tag way back when.

It is a great OTA receiver. I would recommend it, and definitely a steal for $50. No DVI or HDMI though...only component...but just as sharp, no worries.

Also has the option of the "USDTV" channels, but those are only available in several areas.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

CW2V , Dik2 , Sam3
Guests: 60
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020