advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Can Ya Help Me Identify What Font is In This Logo?
Posted by: Stavs
Date: May 15, 2006 05:55PM
I tried What The Font, but it didnt work. I am trying to reproduce this Ford F-350 Logo for a project I am working on. I am building an RC Monster Truck based on the Ford Tonka F-350. Here is the badging:

I have an eps version of an old Ford F-350 logo, but its not the newer one. Anyone know where I can get an EPS version of this F-350 version (Brands of the World only has the old one), or what font it may be? I just need the F-350 part, I'll recreate the rest of the badge. Once I get the F-350 logo, I'm going to reproduce the badges & the vents in freehand, then print them out on cut vinyl using spot colors.

Here's what the real truck looks like. If anyones interested I'll post my finished model in a few weeks.

Thanks,

Stavs
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Can Ya Help Me Identify What Font is In This Logo?
Posted by: jdc
Date: May 15, 2006 06:03PM
prob hand done

Mighty looks close to Eurostyle of some sort

F-350 -- you could try Bank Gothic as a starting place
Posted by: Effin Haole
Date: May 15, 2006 06:09PM
Maybe take a photo of the logo from the truck.

Strength without compassion is brutality. Compassion without strength is weakness.

We must train our minds to desire what the situation demands.
Posted by: sscutchen
Date: May 15, 2006 10:44PM
Could you use the new perspective thingee in CS2 and clean up the image you have?

(all I have is CS1, so I'm not sure what the capabilities are...)

Don't ask who the bell's for, dude. It's you.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: May 16, 2006 02:40AM
Sounds like a fun project. Agree that the text was probably done by hand just for this model, although it doesn't look too far off of the normal logo so you could work from that maybe.

I'm guessing there weren't too many of this particular model made, so getting your own pictures to work from might not be easy.

What I would do is take your existing picture, correct the perspective in Photoshop, then import that into Illustrator and create your own paths on top to match, then you can scale it to whatever size you want and print it out. This is not hard to do if you have any experience with paths.
Posted by: Stavs
Date: May 16, 2006 08:08AM
Yeash...I was looking for the easy option. I was hoping not to have to go through all the handwork, but I guess I'll have too. I'm waiting for my parts to come in for my chassis. Its going to be a radio controlled monster truck.

This is the original:

I have an aluminum chassis on order that will extend the wheelbase from 11.5 to 14 inches and some other goodies. I hope I dont screw up on the body because I'm not much of an artiste!!

Stavs
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 180
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020