advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyone have a good "consultant profile" template?
Posted by: John B.
Date: October 10, 2010 05:37PM
I spent years in the IT industry working for regional consulting shops (staff augmentation and project-based). I've been out of that industry for a while, but through the magic of LinkedIn, have recently reconnected with some folks from that part of my professional career. One of them recommended me to a placement manager in his company, who contacted me asking for my professional profile.

Now, I suppose I could send a resume, but if that was what they wanted, they would have said resume. Back in the day, the profile was more of an internal document for consulting managers to find a skillset to fill something that they were either doing a scope of work on, or work they had just gotten under contract. Unfortunately, I don't have any of my old profiles readily locatable. I'm envisioning that I need to do major practice areas with bulleted supporting items, professional education, etc. Anyone have examples of anything along these lines before I reinvent the wheel? Thanks in advance.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyone have a good "consultant profile" template?
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: October 10, 2010 06:50PM
I have a suggestion, as a former headhunter for 15 years:

Get your best résumé knocked out and on that person's desk TOMORROW. You can always say you were
updating your LinkedIn crap, but didn't want them to wait.

If you need to redo parts of your qualification so they read like you would have made the web page,
then do so, but don't fumble around. They want to see what you can do, and since every page has
an up time, it just so happens that you were in the midst of updating it - but your résumé is READY.

Email it and follow it up with a phone call - and ask when a good time to meet would be. Take charge
of the situation so that you'll know you have been quick to respond (a show of interest) and you'll
validate their interest in YOU by your quick response.
Re: Anyone have a good "consultant profile" template?
Posted by: John B.
Date: October 11, 2010 06:49PM
Done. Sent. Hopefully moving forward.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 44
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020