advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
F/U: Tired of waiting for a Verizon iPhone, so which Droid to pick?
Posted by: JoeM
Date: October 20, 2010 11:14AM
[forums.macresource.com]

I got a Droid X and so far I really like it. For me it isn't too big and fits in my hand nicely. In fact, I prefer it to the size of the iPhone and Incredible. Web browsing on it is a nicer experience. The Samsung Fascinate also seems like a really nice size with the nicest Verizon screen so far. Might be as sharp as the iPhone retina display but I figured I'd start with the X and if I didn't like it I could check further.

I managed to crash the X last night soon after setting it up a bit. Powered it off and when powering on again soon after it froze at the Moto screen. I had just installed an app killer so not sure why that happened.

Also tried to charge it last night when I went to sleep after initally charging to 100% first time. Power was @ 80% but on checking this AM I saw power was at 60%. I don't think I got the hang of killing these apps yet but as everyone mentions, it looks like they really suck up power.

JoeM
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: F/U: Tired of waiting for a Verizon iPhone, so which Droid to pick?
Posted by: vision63
Date: October 20, 2010 11:57AM
Make sure it's updated with the latest. I'm not familiar with Motoblur (I have an HTC), but check out the forums at [androidcentral.com] for issues if necessary.
Date: October 20, 2010 12:13PM
Thanks for the link, some good info there.

JoeM
Date: October 20, 2010 04:02PM
JoeM
Thanks for the link, some good info there.

I you notice down at the bottom, they have sister sites for iOS, Palm, etc.
Posted by: neophyte
Date: October 20, 2010 09:39PM
I have a Droid X too. App killers shouldn't really be used with software version 2.2. Instead, under settings>applications>running services, you can kill those apps that you recognize. Most are system services that you shouldn't kill. For example, I kill Skype since I don't use it.

Also check settings>applications>development and be sure both USB debugging and Stay awake are UNchecked.
Date: October 20, 2010 10:37PM
neophyte
I have a Droid X too. App killers shouldn't really be used with software version 2.2. Instead, under settings>applications>running services, you can kill those apps that you recognize. Most are system services that you shouldn't kill. For example, I kill Skype since I don't use it.

Also check settings>applications>development and be sure both USB debugging and Stay awake are UNchecked.

Thanks for the tips. I read that today on the site vision63 pointed me to but wasn't sure what they included in 2.2 to handle it. So I guess I should delete the app killer I downloaded?

JoeM
Date: October 21, 2010 12:39AM
I use the app killer. I hear its supposed to ne dicey bit it seems to not have any lasting affects negatively. I try to restart the Evo once a day anyway.
Date: October 21, 2010 06:22AM
I just deleted it and did it through settings>applications. Will see how that works.

JoeM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020