advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Recipe app recommendations?
Posted by: neophyte
Date: November 22, 2010 08:43PM
So I note that many of us here enjoy cooking and experimenting with new dishes. Me, not so much. But my wife is an excellent cook and is also easing into using a Mac more and more. She asked me about storing her recipes on the computer and I'm not sure how to advise her. What do you use?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Recipe app recommendations?
Posted by: M>B>
Date: November 22, 2010 09:33PM
Not exactly what you are asking but look at worlds largest archive of recipes... [www.recipesource.com]
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: November 22, 2010 09:34PM
Allrecipes App is pretty good.

Grateful11
Posted by: StingMe
Date: November 22, 2010 09:40PM
No experience with MacGourmet, but it seems to be well regarded:

[macgourmet.com]

[www.marinersoftware.com]
Posted by: Kate
Date: November 22, 2010 09:44PM
I cook a bunch and have been using Yum! for a couple of years, I like it a lot. It used to be free, then someone bought it out.

One thing I really like is the sort of iTunes interface and the fact that it syncs seamlessly with my iPhone.

When I was cooking at Ghost Ranch, it was great having my recipes with me all the time.

It's also pretty easy to trade recipes, so if you use it, I'd be happy to share mine.

There may be better ones out there, but this has served me well, so I keep using it (485 recipes worth).

Kate
Posted by: WHiiP
Date: November 23, 2010 09:06AM
Kate

It's also pretty easy to trade recipes, so if you use it, I'd be happy to share mine.

There may be better ones out there, but this has served me well, so I keep using it (485 recipes worth).

Kate

How about posting it on your web site or BLOG? With a link here! ! ! ! coffee smiley

Bill
Flagler Beach, FL 32136

Carpe Vino!

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.
— David Rains Wallace
Posted by: ScottG
Date: November 23, 2010 09:39AM
I use SousChef- it is easy to use, and has a simple and large white on black screen for when you are cooking from a recipe, to make it easier to read from across the kitchen. It can also apparently be voice controlled, but not on my ancient laptop which is under the impression that it doesn't have a microphone. Good, if sometimes quirky, search function, including ability to search through a cloud of other people's recipes.

cheers

scott
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: November 23, 2010 10:43AM
My wife has been tasked with entering her recipes into SousChef for my "G4 mini in the kitchen" project. I like it and so does she. I think I got it in a bundle some time ago.

Posted by: kap
Date: November 23, 2010 01:10PM
Great idea!

SoCal for now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 116
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020