advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
This Year's Christmas Music Discovery (Attn: Beatles fans)
Posted by: miK.
Date: December 09, 2010 09:21AM
The Fab Four (Beatles Tribute)
Hark! (2008)

Next best thing to an actual Beatles Christmas CD. What is cool is that not only
are they done in a "Beatles style", each song's arrangement is based on an actual
Beatles tune. Very clever! Beatles purists might see this as sacrilege, but it's very
well done.

Here's a great example:
[www.youtube.com]

Sometimes I wonder, "What would Hodor say in this situation?" - Jim Gaffigan

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: This Year's Christmas Music Discovery (Attn: Beatles fans)
Posted by: davester
Date: December 09, 2010 11:05AM
I feel nauseous after listening to that.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Re: This Year's Christmas Music Discovery (Attn: Beatles fans)
Posted by: BernDog
Date: December 09, 2010 12:55PM
Beatles fan, but not necessarily hardcore about it. That said, if something like that is going to be done well, it still needs to make musical sense. That was very abrupt and disjointed at times. Very hard to listen to.

Now, if they had done some Christmas songs in a way they felt the Beatles would have interpreted them at some certain point in their career, that might be different. This is just crap.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 77
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020