advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
OK, Wow. Recovering Rep. Giffords ... Husband is the Mission Commander for the upcoming last flight of the space shuttle Discovery
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 12, 2011 09:51AM
Flight to be delayed at least until February due to cracks in the main fuel tank

A6E Pilot, Desert Storm combat veteran, test pilot, Astronaut. This will be his fourth Shuttle mission.

Wow. That's a heck of a family. I hope she recovers.. having suffered a traumatic brain injury (not at THAT level, but they're all bad), I know what they family will go through as she recovers. And what people never discuss is that the victim of a TBI is NEVER the 'same person'. It's frustrating, heartbreaking, but eventually you learn to deal with it.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OK, Wow. Recovering Rep. Giffords ... Husband is the Mission Commander for the upcoming last flight of the space shuttle Discovery
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: January 12, 2011 10:03AM
Not only that -- but his TWIN is already on board the ISS.
Re: OK, Wow. Recovering Rep. Giffords ... Husband is the Mission Commander for the upcoming last flight of the space shuttle Discovery
Posted by: haikuman
Date: January 12, 2011 10:29AM
The World is watching how the USA deals with this tragedy ... I have some ideas . . .
Who ever you are you do to . . . . .

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish"
Steve Jobs

"There are only two mantras yum and yuk mine is yum "
Bernard Mickey Wrangle<>Tom Robbins<> "Still Life With Woodpecker"

"There is a fine line between a rut and a groove"
G.D. Kittredge III

"

Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: January 12, 2011 10:40AM
I thought that was really incredible. One is a shuttle mission commander and the other is already on the ISS. Somewhere there are some REALLY proud and worried parents.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 12, 2011 10:46AM
To tail onto that, someone noted that their friends and family have always been worried about his safety.

Posted by: Michael
Date: January 12, 2011 10:47AM
Hopefully she will be up and about and recovering with therapy and he'll be able to go to space and chat with her from 250 miles up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 80
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020