advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Happy April Fool's Day
Posted by: blooz
Date: April 01, 2011 07:28AM
April 1. This is the day upon which we are reminded of what we are on the other three hundred and sixty-four. ~Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson, 1894

April fool, n. The March fool with another month added to his folly. ~Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

I have great faith in fools - self-confidence, my friends call it. ~Edgar Allan Poe

“Here cometh April again, and as far as I can see the world hath more fools in it than ever”
Charles Lamb (English Critic, Poet and Essayist, 1775-1834)

“Isn't it appropriate that the month of the tax begins with April Fool's Day and ends with cries of "May Day!"?”

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Happy April Fool's Day
Posted by: decay
Date: April 01, 2011 07:56AM
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: April 01, 2011 08:00AM
So I arrived at work this AM to find a group of fellow employees gathered around a large trashcan wrapped in packing tape. Among the attendees were the boss and the groundskeeper. After everyone arrived the groundskeeper regaled us with a story about how he arrived at work to find a beaver in one of our koi ponds. Yes. A beaver. He told us how he called the boss and tried to convince him that there was a beaver in the koi pond (on april fools day). Finally the boss showed up (with a gun) and apparently there was in fact a beaver in the koi pond...or so they said. So they caught him and put him in the garbage can. After everyone arrived, he said he was going to open it and show everyone so we had to get REALLY close.

Now at this point, I'm trying to figure out what they have rigged up to explode or jump out or otherwise try to shock everyone today...april fools day. So he opened it just a crack and I'll be damned if there wasn't a real live beaver in there!

Posted by: macbeergeek2
Date: April 01, 2011 09:02AM
bazookaman
So I arrived at work this AM to find a group of fellow employees gathered around a large trashcan wrapped in packing tape. Among the attendees were the boss and the groundskeeper. After everyone arrived the groundskeeper regaled us with a story about how he arrived at work to find a beaver in one of our koi ponds. Yes. A beaver. He told us how he called the boss and tried to convince him that there was a beaver in the koi pond (on april fools day). Finally the boss showed up (with a gun) and apparently there was in fact a beaver in the koi pond...or so they said. So they caught him and put him in the garbage can. After everyone arrived, he said he was going to open it and show everyone so we had to get REALLY close.

Now at this point, I'm trying to figure out what they have rigged up to explode or jump out or otherwise try to shock everyone today...april fools day. So he opened it just a crack and I'll be damned if there wasn't a real live beaver in there!

That's just cruel to post this without pics!
Date: April 01, 2011 09:07AM
There was some footage from an aspiring Stevie Wonder with a camera phone that shows the splashing but the minute it gets out of the water the camera gets aimed at the ground. Apparently the groundskeeper put a rope around his tail and just yanked him out and into the trashcan. He wasn't too happy. After reviewing the security footage, he can be seen going back and forth to the pond with some sticks several times. I guess to set up his new bachelor pad. He was probably the size of a big beagle. And since he was so docile (not thrashing around in the can) he probably ate a lot of fish. Not sure how many since the pond was all muddied from him playing around in it. We'll see after it's settled.

We'll get some decent pics when they let him go.

Posted by: D. Lawson
Date: April 01, 2011 10:19AM
I am mildly amused by Hulu's new home page and the new Playmobil set at Thinkgeek.
Posted by: Janit
Date: April 01, 2011 10:45AM
I found a mouse in my bathtub this morning.

No joke -- a member of a little mousie family that I have been trying to evict from my pantry for two weeks now. So far they have evaded all my clever trapping strategies, but the guy in the bathtub couldn't escape because the sides of the tub are so slick. Made it easy for me to trap him in a coffee cup and then relocate him to the displaced mousie camp in a park 5 miles away, where he waits for the rest of his family.

I guess now I will try leaving little peanut butter crackers in the tub between showers.
Date: April 01, 2011 10:52AM
Janit

Ok...that's just plain weird. Here is the response I got from my mom after sending her the beaver story...

mom
ok, you win the prize...that definitely trumps the mouse in my shower...

Posted by: GGD
Date: April 01, 2011 11:57AM
macbeergeek2

Posted by: blooz
Date: April 01, 2011 12:03PM
[www.leaveittobeaver.org]

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: haikuman
Date: April 01, 2011 12:09PM
"""Stay Hungry Stay Foolish""" ~!~!~!~

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish"
Steve Jobs

"There are only two mantras yum and yuk mine is yum "
Bernard Mickey Wrangle<>Tom Robbins<> "Still Life With Woodpecker"

"There is a fine line between a rut and a groove"
G.D. Kittredge III

"

Posted by: macbeergeek2
Date: April 01, 2011 01:17PM
Janit

I left a giant rubber rat on the edge of the toilet seat this morning to surprise my wife. It worked! I heard her scream from downstairs. winking smiley
Posted by: Spock
Date: April 01, 2011 02:13PM
GGD
macbeergeek2

Exactly what I thought of.

Click for video.

Comedy Central: Best news channel that isn't a news channel.

Fox News: Best comedy channel that isn't a comedy channel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 195
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020