advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Flash problems/Software Update
Posted by: flareslow
Date: April 26, 2011 08:33PM
After installing the latest Mac OS Software update on my Leopard G5, each browser I tried would crash (spinning beach ball, unresponsive). Safari, Firefox, and SeaMonkey all crashed. Since Flash is an element common to each browser, I experimented by moving the Flash Plugin to the Trash.

I knew the days are numbered for this machine as a full featured web browsing machine, but I'm not ready to put her out to pasture. Safari no longer crashes (I'm using it for this post), and I suspect that Firefox will be ok. What did Apple do with this update?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Flash problems/Software Update
Posted by: Chakravartin
Date: April 26, 2011 09:10PM
Which update did you install? 10.5.8?

I didn't see any problem with Flash in that update... but I was running a recent version of the plugin. What version of the plugin are you running? 9? 10? 10.2?

I suggest that you try installing a more recent version of the Flash plugin before ripping on Apple. Flash is responsible for more crashes on Macs than any other software bar-none and old versions are like poison ticking away in your poor old Mac's veins.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 26, 2011 09:12PM
If you depend on Flash you'll want an Intel machine; I think Adobe isn't updating the PPC plugin going forward.

But I don't recall Apple doing anything to the last iteration of Leopard that hurt Flash.
Posted by: flareslow
Date: April 27, 2011 11:20AM
I was running 10.5.8, but the update was the latest weekly Security/Itunes etux updates that show up regularly. I started the update and went to bed, so I'm not sure what was in it. I had the latest PPC plugin installed, and when I installed it I noticed the note on the Adobe website that they wouldn't be doing anymore PPC updates. It's working now, so I'll take what I can get.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 83
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020