advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
iPod Photo - Album Art is all Messed up
Posted by: spacescape
Date: December 28, 2005 08:30AM
I've noticed this over the last month or two and just thought it was a random thing. My album art seems displaying on the wrong songs. As I imported most of my CD's I found the art via amazon, selected all the songs on the album and inserted the album image. Everything seemed to be good. However, today Nine Inch Nails had "the beach boys" album art. The same goes for other albums. It's like iTunes took over and messed up my album art.

I have iTunes 6 at home but I never upgraded to the latest and greatest (just lazy). Could this have something to do with my problem?

Also, is there anyway to delete ALL artwork (automated)? After doing so, are there any 3rd party plugins for iTunes that will go out and insert the correct album art automatically?

EDIT: Does FetchArt work good? [macupdate.com]

Thanks for any help.
Bill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2005 08:35AM by spacescape.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: iPod Photo - Album Art is all Messed up
Posted by: kurtzie
Date: December 28, 2005 09:49AM
To Delete all the art work you can Select all of your songs and do Command - I (get info), the click on the checkmark for Artwork, then click on the box to highlight it and hit delete.

TO add artwork I have been using the widget called Album Art. It works okay, but sometimes it gets some albums confused, especially if the album name is the same or similar to another one.

Steve
Posted by: ArtP
Date: December 28, 2005 10:42AM
spacescape Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> EDIT: Does FetchArt work good?

I use Fetch Art and it works about 80% of the time (about 95% on common songs) sometimes pulls the wrong art and you can just cancel before it actually imports into iTunes.

A lot better than the Amazon, find, drag, drop dance.

Posted by: dbow
Date: December 28, 2005 11:05AM
I have been using Clutter for artwork, works pretty well and if it can't find it it has a manual search function that is very handy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 76
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020