advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
World Cup 2006 coverage?
Posted by: incognegro
Date: June 07, 2006 08:37AM
what US TV stations will be covering the World Cup this year? i'd like to catch some of it.

did you know the USA team is ranked 5th?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: World Cup 2006 coverage?
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: June 07, 2006 08:45AM
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*BREATH*

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal
!!!
Posted by: Spiff
Date: June 07, 2006 08:53AM
Eh. The Stanley Cup finals game 2 is on tonight. That is turning out to be an exciting series!

Canes were down 3-1 third period. They come back to score 3 unanswered goals! Roughly 4 minutes to go and the Oilers come back to tie the game! I'm sitting on the edge of the couch by this time. Roloson, the Oiler's goalie gets smeared across the net, forcing him to leave the game and the scrub comes in for the last few remaining minutes of the period! He makes some great saves. And then, tries to handle the puck behind the net, he flubs, and the canes score with ~30 seconds to go! The crowd is on their feet! Woo Hoo! Go Canes!

Sorry. Didn't mean to hijack this thread.

Well, maybe just a little hijacking is ok? maybe?
Date: June 07, 2006 09:07AM
i'll take a hockey hijack over boring baseball. ;D
Posted by: jimbrady
Date: June 07, 2006 09:29AM
I'll take any sport over boring anything.

Date: June 07, 2006 10:29AM
iCal schedule:
[www.hawkwings.net]

found one:
[icalshare.com]
Posted by: will2000
Date: June 07, 2006 10:31AM
All games are on ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2.
I just received my Tivo and set it to record all games.
[soccernet.espn.go.com]
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: June 07, 2006 12:41PM
To the local Pub with you.

I am not Ryan Seacrest, and I do not approve this message.
Date: June 07, 2006 01:47PM
Yes, the USA is ranked fifth, but most of their points were earned playing against lesser teams, except Mexico. We will see how they fare against Italy, Ghana, and the Czech Republic. My guess is the US won't see the second round.

The ranking system is cute, but hardly a real measure of strength. They are changing the system with the new standing in July, and will count only the last 4 years instead of 8.

My hope: Holland-Germany in the final, giving Holland a chance to restore the injustice from 1974.
My prediction: Italy-Brazil in the final. Score 3-1
Date: June 07, 2006 02:39PM
don't count them out so easily, will. i think they'll make the final 16.
Date: June 07, 2006 02:57PM
All I want is to watch Brazil in the Finals.
I am pretty much a jingoistic American, soccer-hating redneck, but they really take the game to another level.

Date: June 07, 2006 03:19PM
Let's get rid of the NFL, and give the term FOOTBALL its rightful place.
Date: June 07, 2006 04:39PM
Howzabout we Yanks teach the rest of the world how to play sports with their hands, like the good lord intended. winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 93
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020