advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Lost wedding ring
Posted by: space-time
Date: May 30, 2011 02:03PM
I took it off on Saturday when I went to the pool. I know I told my wife that I put it on dressing cabinet so I won't lose it at the pool.

forgot to put it back on when I got home and yesterday completely forgot about it. Now I cannot find it.

I suspect it may have fallen on the floor and the toddler found it. he could have put it in his mouth and swallowed it. or he could have put it in the trash bin in the kitchen. if it's the former, I may have a chance it's still didn't come out yet and I should check diapers over the next few days. if it's the later, I already took the trash out (but they didn't pick up the garbage yet since it's holiday).

hmm, what an unpleasant task ahead.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Lost wedding ring
Posted by: Chakravartin
Date: May 30, 2011 02:25PM
'Last time somebody lost a ring around here it slid off the top of the dresser and into the top drawer.
Date: May 30, 2011 02:44PM
already looked, but will search again. Thanks
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: May 30, 2011 03:09PM
Find a friend with a metal detector with a precious metals discriminator, and see if you're diaper-diggin, or dumpster diving...

Hope you fimd it someplace not unpleasant!

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Date: May 30, 2011 03:21PM
upon some discussion with the toddler (almost 21 months), when we showed him my wife's matching ring, and asked him what did he do with mine, he pointed at the HVAC air register located in the floor or our bedroom. First, I am not sure how he got to the ring, since I think I left it on a dresser. Then assuming he dropped it in the HVAC register, I already took that out and looked with a strong LED light and a mirror and I can see about 4 feet into the duct and I cannot see the ring.

Then I asked him again in another room and he pointed at another register. I already inspected all the registers located in the floor, no luck.

Maybe he knows something or he's making things up.

I hope he didn't swallow it.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: May 30, 2011 04:09PM
space-time

I hope he didn't swallow it.

That would make it easy to find...

:-)
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 30, 2011 04:50PM
....is it named 'precious'....? if so, I might know where it is.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: DharmaDog
Date: May 30, 2011 04:50PM
I've realized I can't count on my kids being able to tell me what actually happened to anything.

One day, my wife was trying to get some info out of Daughter #2 about something she was not in trouble for. None of D#2's answers made any sense. I told my wife to give up, but she insisted that the child would be able to tell us what we needed to know. I interrupted my wife to ask D#2 if she had been abducted by aliens earlier in the day. She answered, "Uh-huh."

Point taken.
Posted by: wolfcry911
Date: May 30, 2011 05:09PM
Is it common to take off wedding rings to go to the pool?
I've probably taken mine off for a combined total of 10 minutes in 20 years.
Posted by: GGD
Date: May 30, 2011 05:14PM
wolfcry911

Perhaps there are a lot of single females at the pool smiling smiley
Posted by: Jack D.
Date: May 30, 2011 05:20PM
wolfcry911

Me too.

- Jack D.

New tasteless sig coming soon!
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: May 30, 2011 05:45PM
I take mine off before going swimming - afraid it might slip off. Also take it off for yard work, home improvement projects (some, not all) and automotive work. Decision process involves will the ring get damaged, caught causing bodily injury or will work involve/potentially involve electricity. I follow this process for removing my watch as well.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: May 30, 2011 05:52PM
I lost mine and found it a shirt pocket about 5 or 6 years later. In the mean time my wife gave me a birthday
card at my parents house that contained my Grandfathers wedding ring, he had passed away earlier that year.
Needless to say it pretty choked at the moment, so now I have two, I proudly wear "Pop's" ring as they were
married for almost 70 years.

Grateful11
Posted by: Ammo
Date: May 30, 2011 06:03PM
My ring was starting to chafe my finger about 6 months ago. I took it off and it felt so much better that I haven't put it back on yet. Wife doesn't seem to mind - she knows that I am such a hopeless liar that I'd never be able to convince anyone that I was single anyway.
Date: May 30, 2011 06:53PM
GGD
wolfcry911

Perhaps there are a lot of single females at the pool smiling smiley

found it!!!

turns out I didn't put it on that dresser like I usually do, but in the bathroom in one of wife's things that holds some cosmetics stuff. Needless to say, I felt pretty embarrassed for interrogating the little one, opening up HVAC vents and digging though the trash (in my kitchen, I didn't get to the dumpster yet). And no, no diapers have been opened yet (that would have been the next stage).

we went to the pool again, but this time I showed wife where I put the ring. Yeah, I am afraid it could slip off. And wife was with me at the pool.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: May 30, 2011 07:03PM
DharmaDog
I've realized I can't count on my kids being able to tell me what actually happened to anything.

One day, my wife was trying to get some info out of Daughter #2 about something she was not in trouble for. None of D#2's answers made any sense. I told my wife to give up, but she insisted that the child would be able to tell us what we needed to know. I interrupted my wife to ask D#2 if she had been abducted by aliens earlier in the day. She answered, "Uh-huh."

And you know that she was lying, how...? grinning smiley eek2 smiley

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 30, 2011 07:12PM
....I only take mine off when I go to single bars or speed dating.....or when going on dates.....if you don't....it defeats the purpose.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 30, 2011 07:17PM
now you know that your kid is a liar!
Posted by: decocritter
Date: May 30, 2011 10:33PM
I hope that toddler put YOU in time out...
Posted by: Maddog
Date: May 31, 2011 12:31AM
My experience would show that if girls want to pick you up, they much prefer the ring to the possibly single men out there. At least they have been vetted by one other female!
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 31, 2011 07:23AM
Yaay ! Space-time is still officially married !

I was gonna ask if the Roomba had gotten it, but you found it too soon...
Posted by: mspace
Date: May 31, 2011 08:38AM
The fact that you looked that hard for it is golden, so don't be embarrassed.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: May 31, 2011 09:46AM
Well thanks for putting us folks here at MRF on an emotional roller coaster! I've had several anxiety attacks while reading this thread! Whew!! eek2 smiley

Seriously though, I'm glad you found it. It would have been bad to seek it out with the ways you described! eye popping smiley

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: May 31, 2011 10:11AM
Ammo
My ring was starting to chafe my finger about 6 months ago. I took it off and it felt so much better that I haven't put it back on yet. Wife doesn't seem to mind

Same here. Except it was years ago. Next year will be our 20th so I don't think she's too concerned.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 157
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020