Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
AT&T or Verizon 3G ipads
Posted by: Caroline
Date: June 09, 2011 01:33AM
Hi Guys,

I've searched the forum and found a lot of info, but not exactly what I want. I have an iPad 1 with AT&T, and really enjoy it. I'd like to get the iPad 2 and know I'd want the 3G, but am not sure of which way to go. Any suggestions? Anyone out there with real world problems with either network and wished they switched?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: AT&T or Verizon 3G ipads
Posted by: Trouble
Date: June 09, 2011 02:04AM
I'd recommend the devil you know over the devil you don't.
Posted by: WHiiP
Date: June 09, 2011 05:07AM
I see no real reason for you to move to an iPad2. I would at least wait for the iPad3. What feature is compelling for you to make this happen?

Bill
Flagler Beach, FL 32136

Carpe Vino!

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.
— David Rains Wallace
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: June 09, 2011 07:14AM
Are you grandfathered in to AT&T's unlimited data plan? If so, that is definitely a factor to consider.
Posted by: olnacl
Date: June 09, 2011 07:21AM
In researching for a friends Verizon iPad, I found a number of issues reported with it. He was using Splashtop and occasionally could not connect to his home computer. It appears, from posts I read, that dropped connections and/or the iPad interface Verizon uses can be problematic. Again, from the posts, apparently the AT&T version is more stable. I'd be interested in hearing of other's real world experiences.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: June 09, 2011 09:05AM
ATT has better connection speed, slightly less coverage. If you have good ATT coverage where you'll be using it, I'd go ATT.
Posted by: mstudio
Date: June 09, 2011 10:07AM
I've got the Verizon version. Have had zero problems connecting or staying connected. I use Slashtop, lthough not a lot, but no problems so far. I got the Verizon mostly because ATT is not availble here. So far I'm very happy.
Posted by: DRR
Date: June 09, 2011 10:20AM
Depends on the network in your area.

Are Verizon iPads on the latest iOS? I know for the iPhone, the Verizon version of the OS always lags a couple versions behind the ATT version.
Posted by: Caroline
Date: June 09, 2011 09:53PM
I like the facetime ability mostly. I also would like another because my daughter hogs the one I have for home. I can buy one at work so I thought why not? Any idea when iPad3 comes out?
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 10, 2011 02:17PM
I faced this question recently when deciding which provider's 3G iPad to buy. My research indicated the following:

- AT&T 3G speeds are significantly faster than Verizon's.

- While Verizon offers more reliable voice service, AT&T's data services appear to be more reliable than Verizon's.

- The AT&T iPad uses a removable microSIM card. When one travels, this card can be removed and replaced with a SIM from a local provider, providing 3G data access at much lower rates than AT&T's international plan.

- The Verizon iPad does not feature a removable microSIM.

Overall, the AT&T iPad came out as being clearly superior to the Verizon iPad.

It is what it is.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 10, 2011 07:34PM
Another reason to go with the AT&T iPad: [www.macrumors.com]

It is what it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 129
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020