Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Bruins Smoke the Canucks ~!~
Posted by: haikuman
Date: June 09, 2011 05:16AM
[sports.yahoo.com]

BOSTON (AP)—The tattered, kitschy Bruins jacket has been moving around the Boston locker room for the past few months, going to the most valuable player in every victory.

It belonged to Nathan Horton(notes) when he went down with a serious concussion two days earlier in the Stanley Cup finals. He showed up in the Bruins’ locker room Wednesday night, delighting his teammates by putting the jacket on Rich Peverley(notes).

That strange, old jacket bought on eBay has become the Bruins’ most valuable trophy.

After two dominant games in Boston, the Bruins are halfway to winning a bigger, shinier prize.

Tim Thomas(notes) made 38 saves in his third shutout of the playoffs, Peverley scored two goals after replacing Horton on Boston’s top line, and the Bruins emphatically evened the finals at two games apiece with a 4-0 victory over the foundering Vancouver Canucks in Game 4.

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish"
Steve Jobs

"There are only two mantras yum and yuk mine is yum "
Bernard Mickey Wrangle<>Tom Robbins<> "Still Life With Woodpecker"

"There is a fine line between a rut and a groove"
G.D. Kittredge III

"

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bruins Smoke the Canucks ~!~
Posted by: BCam
Date: June 09, 2011 07:09AM
Timmy Thomas is really a tough old bird of a goalie. He ain't takin' none of the Canuck's @#$%& near his crease.

Message to 'Nux shooters: "You come near my blue paint, you're leaving black and blue!"
Posted by: Ammo
Date: June 09, 2011 08:26AM
Boy, after game 2, I thought the Bruins were goners. This makes things much more interesting and I believe all of the remaining games are on broadcast TV, which is great for all 6 of us who don't have cable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2011 08:27AM by Ammo.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 09, 2011 10:05AM
Ammo
Boy, after game 2, I thought the Bruins were goners. This makes things much more interesting and I believe all of the remaining games are on broadcast TV, which is great for all 6 of us who don't have cable.

Bruins lost each of the first two by a goal and, arguably, either game could have been won by them. I agree the Canucks outskated them in both first two but have been stymied and hit hard by the Bs these last two.
Posted by: DRR
Date: June 09, 2011 10:34AM
Bruins forecheck has been dominant. Has turned the Canucks into a team scared of contact. Bruins have been putting on a master class in hitting and physical play and how it affects the other team.

My original prediction was Canucks in 6. Might have to say Bruins in 7 at this point.
Date: June 09, 2011 11:05AM
Yes, I cannot imagine the Canucks completely folding and not winning one more game. But, if the Bs take this next game, it's going to be awfully hard for the Nux to come back to Boston and win one. So, yeah, it may take seven.
Posted by: hal
Date: June 09, 2011 12:49PM
I really thought my sharks could have broken VAN just like BOS is doing now. It's now Boston's series to lose...
Posted by: the_poochies
Date: June 09, 2011 12:49PM
Thomas was a contributing factor for Boston in the Eastern Conference Finals. I'm surprised to find the B's keeping pace with the mighty Canucks at this point.
Date: June 09, 2011 01:30PM
well, at this point they are not keeping pace - they're thrashing them side to side like an alligator would do to its prey.

however, I think the Nux will get back to their fast hockey style in the next game and it's going to be close again. Bs could have won those first two so let's see how they do now with a team that wants payback.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 117
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020