advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Three cheers for Zappos.com!!
Posted by: AlphaDog
Date: June 13, 2006 11:06AM
I don't remember who posted the link to this site in a thread about shoes a few weeks ago, but it's great!

My son has trouble finding his size in the local stores, and I knew he needed new work boots. I sent him the Zappos link, and he was really happy with the great selection. He picked out a pair, which I ordered for his birthday. No tax, no shipping. Unfortunately, the style he chose had a metal safety toe, and even though the length and width were fine, he didn't like the way the metal rubbed against his toe. So, I called yesterday morning for a return authorization. I also wanted to order a similar style boot without the metal toe. I was totally blown away by how cooperative this vendor is!! The customer service rep stayed on the phone with me while I printed my FREE return shipping label, and she took the order for the replacement pair. She issued an immediate credit to my account for the difference in price between the two pairs, because the second one was $20 less. I fully expected them to make a second charge against my account, and then issue a credit after the first pair of boots had been returned and inspected. Nope! The replacement boots have already shipped, and I'm just now on my way to the UPS store to get the original boots shipped back.

My thanks to whoever it was that posted that link. I'm sure I'll be doing business with them again, and I highly recommend them.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Three cheers for Zappos.com!!
Posted by: $tevie
Date: June 13, 2006 11:15AM
I love Zappos. The fact that returns are so easy is a very big selling point for me, since shoes can be a fairly uncertain purchase when you can't try them on.

Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 13, 2006 11:22AM
Purchased some New Balance 608s from them a couple of months ago. The most comfortable athletic shoe I've ever worn, and you can't find these ANYWHERE anymore -- I was very glad to find them at Zappos.

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2006 11:27AM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: June 13, 2006 11:37AM
N-OS, I wear 608s too, but I get them from Bass Pro, because they're a lot cheaper there -- $50/pr instead of $64. [www.basspro.com]
Posted by: SteveO
Date: June 13, 2006 11:46AM
Zappos rocks. I have bought five or six pairs from them HASSLE-FREE and CHEAP. Easy, easy, easy!
Posted by: rgG
Date: June 13, 2006 11:47AM
I bought my daughter's school uniform shoes from Zappo's. They had them on sale for less than half of what I could have bought them for locally. The shipping is fast and I have read that their return policy is just as you stated. Glad to know someone who has had personal experience with it and it worked out as advertised.

I like all the reviews of the shoes, too.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Buzz
Date: June 13, 2006 01:59PM
good service, decent prices [though beatable depending on shoe selected], has been best for "mainstream" shoes, w/ more obscure choices being found more reliably elsewhere, but definitely the ideal starting point...

Sometimes it is what it is...
and then there's times when it's really better.

==
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 13, 2006 02:59PM
Mike Johnson
N-OS, I wear 608s too, but I get them from Bass Pro, because they're a lot cheaper there -- $50/pr instead of $64. [www.basspro.com]

Outstanding, Mike -- thanks!

It is what it is.
Posted by: Drew
Date: June 13, 2006 07:35PM
I hate Zappos .... mainly because my wife loves them.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 13, 2006 07:38PM
that steel toe toe box is my pet peeve too. Why don't they go OUT, instead of protrude IN?
Posted by: eeyore
Date: June 14, 2006 10:18AM
Regarding the "feel" or other comfort trouble with the steel toes...

If you buy the right size (most people buy too small [short]), you won't have a problem. We should be buying shoes to fit our arch, not just to make sure our toes don't hit the end of the shoe. If sized properly, you'll not have holes in your socks from rubbing the inside of your steel toed shoes.

I learned this a couple years ago after dealing with the problem for 20 years.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 140
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020