Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
10.7.1 out
Posted by: OWC Jamie
Date: August 16, 2011 03:31PM
Hmm. Guess they're not skipping it!

The 10.7.1 update is recommended for all users running OS X Lion and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:

• Address an issue that may cause the system to become unresponsive when playing a video in Safari

• Resolve an issue that may cause system audio to stop working when using HDMI or optical audio out
Improve the reliability of Wi-Fi connections

• Resolve an issue that prevents transfer of your data, settings, and compatible applications to a new Mac running OS X Lion

• For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: [support.apple.com].

Good Luck!
Jamie Dresser
Other World Computing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2011 03:42PM by OWC Jamie.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 10.7.1 out
Posted by: deckeda
Date: August 16, 2011 03:32PM
Improve the reliability of Wi-Fi connections

Oh, I sure hope so.
Posted by: MartyStickle
Date: August 16, 2011 03:50PM
I've got it on my new iMac & my MBA. So far, so good. Hope it solves the video problem.
Posted by: Winston
Date: August 16, 2011 03:52PM
Interesting to see the list of supported languages. Wonder what sets the priority for being written in the local tongue rather than in English. So Finnish gets "Suomi" but Croatian doesn't get "Hrvatska", and Russian gets Cyrillic but Ukrainian doesn't get whatever that is in Cyrillic. And British English gets relegated to the second tier, even though it's a far larger market than any of the Scandinavian countries, and Brazilian Portuguese gets the first tier. How did tiny Montenegro get its own localization?

Wonder what the largest market (by Mac sales) is that got left out. Afrikaans? It'd probably be Persian if Iran had an open market economy. India looks left out too, if you exclude British English.

- W

p.s. I tried to quote the list from the page above in this post, but the Phorum software balked on Cyrillic and the East Asian characters. It would let me paste them in and preview, but not post. Odd. So you'll have to go to the link to see the languages list.

------------------------
Be seeing you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2011 03:54PM by Winston.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: August 16, 2011 04:06PM
>>It would let me paste them in and preview, but not post. Odd. So you'll have to go to the link to see the languages list.

Sounds like our database is likely ASCII rather than UTF-8

(although MacRoman would be more appropriate!)

Posted by: fauch
Date: August 16, 2011 04:18PM
Is there an untethered jailbreak???
Posted by: JEBB
Date: August 16, 2011 04:21PM
No Rosetta? I still have to wait.
Posted by: john dough
Date: August 16, 2011 04:26PM
Still no support for ADB! soapbox smiley
Posted by: LaserKun
Date: August 16, 2011 05:25PM
Yep, running it now...
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 16, 2011 05:37PM
Doesn't run on my G5.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: space-time
Date: August 16, 2011 06:03PM
Winston
p.s. I tried to quote the list from the page above in this post, but the Phorum software balked on Cyrillic and the East Asian characters. It would let me paste them in and preview, but not post. Odd. So you'll have to go to the link to see the languages list.

I went to that page, I don't see any language list. I tried at work from an XP, at home from a 10.5.8 G4 machine. What am I missing? where is this list? is Romanian listed? thanks
Date: August 16, 2011 06:18PM
It's on the right hand side.

Whoa - the page changed! Here's what it said with the non-conforming alphabets removed (I'd saved a copy). And yes, Romanian is there:

System Requirements
OS X Lion

Supported Languages
Deutsch, English, Français, (chinese?), Español, Italiano, Nederlands, Dansk, Norsk Bokmål, Polski, Português, Português Brasileiro, (Russian), Suomi, Svensk, (japanese?), (another east asian?), (korean?), Albanian, Arabic, British English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Estonian, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonia, Malay Malaysia, Montenegro, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese

Interestingly, that's a longer list that the Lion specs page shows:
[www.apple.com]
Languages
English
Japanese
French
German
Spanish
Italian
Dutch
Swedish
Danish
Norwegian
Finnish
Traditional Chinese
Simplified Chinese
Korean
Brazilian Portuguese
Portuguese (Portugal)
Russian
Polish
Czech
Turkish
Hungarian
Arabic

------------------------
Be seeing you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2011 07:18PM by Winston.
Posted by: wickedsteve
Date: August 16, 2011 07:07PM

Resolve an issue that may cause system audio to stop working when using HDMI or optical audio out

I still can not get HDMI audio out to work in 10.7.1. The only way it works for me is if I boot off an external drive with 10.6.8 on it.
Date: August 16, 2011 07:16PM
Winston
It's on the right hand side.

Whoa - the page changed! Here's what it said with the non-conforming alphabets removed (I'd saved a copy). And yes, Romanian is there:

System Requirements
OS X Lion

Supported Languages
Deutsch, English, Français, (chinese?), Español, Italiano, Nederlands, Dansk, Norsk Bokmål, Polski, Português, Português Brasileiro, (Russian), Suomi, Svensk, (japanese?), (another east asian?), (korean?), Albanian, Arabic, British English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Estonian, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonia, Malay Malaysia, Montenegro, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese

1) Thanks, I didn't see anything in there... I was like "WTF, am I going blind?"

2) what does it mean that is supports a certain language? can I set it up so that Finder commands and OS preferences show up in Romanian (which would be great for my Dad), or it simply means that it has some basic spelling and support for Romanian characters?

Thanks again

EDIT: I checked 10.6.8 and Romanian is not listed. I am very glad so see that added this to 10.7 as I have several family memers I converted to OS X and it makes life easier for them. I will visit them next summer and I plan to upgrade all of them to 10.7

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2011 07:20PM by space-time.
Date: August 16, 2011 07:22PM
See my edited post above. The Lion specs page has a shorter list of supported languages.

Don't know why there was a change. The previous page looked more like an Apple ad or main-site page. This one looks like a support page. Maybe Jamie changed the link?

Good luck.

- Winston

------------------------
Be seeing you.
Date: August 16, 2011 07:39PM
Found it. Jamie must have changed the original link.

First original post link showing longer list of supported languages
[support.apple.com]

And here's a screen shot:

------------------------
Be seeing you.
Posted by: Trouble
Date: August 16, 2011 07:44PM
Hackintosh update jesfdd fa fine.fadfadsdfa.d...........................
Posted by: olnacl
Date: August 16, 2011 08:00PM
wickedsteve

Resolve an issue that may cause system audio to stop working when using HDMI or optical audio out

I still can not get HDMI audio out to work in 10.7.1. The only way it works for me is if I boot off an external drive with 10.6.8 on it.

No problem with HDMI audio on my 2010 Mini, either with 10.7 or with the 10.7.1 update. Might just be lucky. Mini > Onkyo receiver > TV
Date: August 16, 2011 08:20PM
why is there a normal update and one specific for Air and Mini?
Posted by: wickedsteve
Date: August 16, 2011 08:46PM
olnacl
wickedsteve

No problem with HDMI audio on my 2010 Mini, either with 10.7 or with the 10.7.1 update. Might just be lucky. Mini > Onkyo receiver > TV

I even tired calling AppleCare support and the idiots suggested calling Vizio to see if they had drivers for 10.7. The AppleCare people I talked to acted like they were retarded.
Posted by: DaviDC.
Date: August 16, 2011 09:13PM
The big question is, does it feel snappier?

Posted by: celliott
Date: August 16, 2011 10:03PM
My bluetooth mouse and my trackpad click on my 13" MB Pro keeps stopping after the upgrade. What I mean is that the pointer still moves, but when I try a click on a menu, link or other clickable item, nothing happens. It seems to be intermittent with no discernible trigger.

That seems to be the only glitch for me so far.
Posted by: silvarios
Date: August 16, 2011 10:54PM
JEBB

I hope you are kidding, otherwise you will have a long disappointing wait.
Posted by: guitarist
Date: August 17, 2011 02:29AM
silvarios
JEBB

I hope you are kidding, otherwise you will have a long disappointing wait.

Many here are still hoping for OS 9 support
Posted by: thermarest
Date: August 17, 2011 12:12PM
Is that all it fixes? I was hoping for more.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 85
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020