advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Best way to get Credit Report?
Posted by: microchip
Date: September 26, 2011 10:15AM
I'm out (not) enjoying apartment hunting, and a bunch of places want my Credit Report. I know this used to be (is?) a scammy industry - so I've come here to ask the best means to get it.

Thanks!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Best way to get Credit Report?
Posted by: JoeH
Date: September 26, 2011 10:39AM
Places that want your credit report usually pull it themselves. So they will be wanting your personal information including SS# and a signed authorization allowing them to do so.

If you want to see your own report, the site is [www.annualcreditreport.com]. You can get one free report per year from each of the three main credit reporting agencies. It will not include your credit score, there are some free ways to do that others may have links to. Do not use freecreditreport.com! In some states you can get a second free report each year, the ftc.gov site has directions on how to get those and which states have laws providing for this.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: September 26, 2011 10:58AM
Joe,

Great site! That's the only official credit report site. My method is to get a credit report from one agency at the end of the first 1/3 of the year. Get one from the second agency at the end of the second 1/3 of the year and a report from the last agency at the very end of the year. This method allows me to keep on top of my credit report and take immediate action to correct errors. It also ensures I have a reasonably current report handy from at least one of them at any given time of the year.

Robert
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: September 26, 2011 05:03PM
[www.creditkarma.com]

Grateful11
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 150
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020