advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Amazon.com music samples-- anyone else unable to listen?
Posted by: h'
Date: December 30, 2005 02:40AM
This has been broken for a while.
OS 10.3.9 . . . the WMP file opens the player then nothing happens; the real file downloads a file called "hurl.exe" with which I obviously can't do anything.
Anyone else faring better?
Thx . . .

I suffer from the same sensitivity that you do. A few nuggets of wisdom were shared with me and I'm "trying" to incorporate them into my life. First, remember that nobody can hurt your feelings unless you let them. You can always reject what is being forced on you emotionally.
Second, nothing changes unless you change it. If you don't want the behavior to be repeated then you need to take action. Otherwise the kid has learned that his behavior is the way to get things done, because everyone lets him get away with it.
In the meantime I sympathize because I've been there.
-beerman
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Amazon.com music samples-- anyone else unable to listen?
Posted by: rexrzer
Date: December 30, 2005 03:14AM
I dunno h', I try and stick to the iTunes Music Store for music downloads/samples...maybe the Amazon.com situation is tailored to the PC only? I'm doing some iTMS downloads right now, taking advantage of a 25-song bonus I got for buying my daughter a $50 iTMS Gift Certificate.

Good luck with that PC-type stuff.

What's the difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make some sense.
Posted by: Bernie
Date: December 30, 2005 05:42AM
The WMP file opens the player then nothing happens;
It is real slow loading but plays fine.

I just did some Charlie Brown Christmas tunes to confirm.

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: $tevie
Date: December 30, 2005 09:17AM
I'm fed up with WMP and with Real Player both. They work some places, not others, I can't find any rhyme or reason to it. I'm getting so I just don't even try to make them work unless I am really really really really interested in whatever it might be.
Posted by: rgG
Date: December 30, 2005 09:56AM
I'm with you $tevie. If it won't play nice with something other than Real Player I just figure I can live without it.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: h'
Date: December 30, 2005 12:41PM
I feel the same as you all . . . still I'm hurtin' for new music and Amazon has that feature that shows you things that ought to be in the same vein as the thing you bought.
Got no use for the iTMS, sorry, at least not until they offer higher quality files.

FWIW I did get the realausio thing to work on my iBooh, Firefox 1.5, but nothing works on my main mac.
As of OSX I haven't the slightest idea where plug-ins live or if they even play a role in something like this.

I suffer from the same sensitivity that you do. A few nuggets of wisdom were shared with me and I'm "trying" to incorporate them into my life. First, remember that nobody can hurt your feelings unless you let them. You can always reject what is being forced on you emotionally.
Second, nothing changes unless you change it. If you don't want the behavior to be repeated then you need to take action. Otherwise the kid has learned that his behavior is the way to get things done, because everyone lets him get away with it.
In the meantime I sympathize because I've been there.
-beerman
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 61
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020