The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Movie: The Avengers!
Posted by: kap
Date: October 13, 2011 04:54PM
Prediction: Good, Bad or Ugly?

SoCal for now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2011 04:54PM by kap.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Movie: The Avengers!
Posted by: SKYLANE
Date: October 13, 2011 04:57PM
How about Good, Bad, and Ugly ?
Posted by: kap
Date: October 13, 2011 05:00PM
For me, Ironman is good; Thor is sleepy. Haven't watched Capt America yet. Not sure what the female and the arrow shooting character are. Maybe because neither has her/his own movie yet dunno smiley

SoCal for now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2011 05:07PM by kap.
Posted by: decay
Date: October 13, 2011 05:24PM
seems forced.

---
Posted by: (vikm)
Date: October 13, 2011 05:35PM
Loved Iron Man, and Thor!! Haven't seen Capt. America but it got pretty good reviews. I was down with it all in the clip I saw... until... I saw the Hulk bit. I still don't think they've done a good Hulk for film. The Ferrigno sty;e/version was the best as far as I was concerned and think they should go that route with a similarly freakishly large man.

We'll see. I'm open to it's possibilities.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: October 13, 2011 05:46PM
Hulk never was a primary character for a film, methinks. He works well as a "supporting character". If I remember my Avengers history, the reason the Avengers first formed was to try to get the Hulk under control.

The "girl character" is Black Widow; the "arrow guy" is Hawkeye. I guess they couldn't get the mask to work on film. Come to think of it, most of the Avengers (save Iron Man) appear to be mask-less (or helmet-less). I don't think Thor looks right w/o the helmet, but sometimes it just doesn't work in the third dimension.

Posted by: wickedsteve
Date: October 13, 2011 09:22PM
Black Widow had a supporting role in Iron Man 2 and Hawkeye had an even smaller supporting role i the Thor movie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2011 09:23PM by wickedsteve.
Posted by: olnacl
Date: October 13, 2011 09:43PM
I guess you're not talking about John Steed and Mrs. Peel…
Posted by: DRR
Date: October 13, 2011 10:37PM
wickedsteve
Black Widow had a supporting role in Iron Man 2 and Hawkeye had an even smaller supporting role i the Thor movie.

I've seen some rumors but nothing more, of a Black Widow solo flick.

She may not have been as well known as some of the others, but at this point, Scarlett Johansson kicking asses in a black suit encased in a Marvel wrapper, is about as sure of a bet as I can think of.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 13, 2011 11:17PM
Disappointed this guy isn't Thor

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: October 14, 2011 05:56AM
Rolando
Disappointed this guy isn't Thor

That's looks like Paul Levesque, better known as Triple H from the WWE. I saw him in a non-action movie once. He didn't do too bad.

Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 14, 2011 10:43AM
Exactly. I can't think of anyone better for the part!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 92
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020