advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
iTunes gift certificate process?
Posted by: h linamen
Date: December 30, 2005 11:36AM

I would like to buy $20 gift certificates for my grandchildren and take advantage of the free 10 songs per gift certificate which would be placed in my account. Deadline for the promotion is TOMORROW DEC 31 to order, but I don't want to send them to the grandchildren yet.

Can I order in their name, using my email address. Then when I want to give them at a later date, I would email them a copy of the certificate which has the code. OR, WOULD THEY NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS FROM THEIR COMPUTER AT A DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS. IS THE REDEMPTION TIED IN WITH THE EMAIL ADDRESS GIVEN APPLE AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: iTunes gift certificate process?
Posted by: MacArtist
Date: December 30, 2005 02:24PM
I know they give you the option to print out the certificates. You could use that option and make a screen shot of each certificate and email them when you want to.

I sit on a man’s back, choking him and making
him carry me, and yet assure myself and others
that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his
lot by all possible means — except by getting off
his back. - Leo Tolstoy, novelist and Philosopher
(1828-1910)

Posted by: $tevie
Date: December 30, 2005 02:44PM
There's a code that you put in to redeem the gift certificate. That's the necessary piece of information.

My family has sent me iTunes gift certificates to my "regular" email address. My iTunes acccount is tied to my DotMac email address. It's not a problem.
Posted by: h linamen
Date: December 30, 2005 07:13PM

Thanks folks for the confirmation that the redemption code is not tied to a specific email address.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 71
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020